Empire Warrior Rush

By Kaine82, in Warhammer Invasion Deck Building

This is my updated Empire Warrior Rush list. It is still one of my favorite decks to play. It's pretty straight forward. It will run on 3 resources so you just load up the quest and attack!

http://deckbox.org/sets/464523

3 Peasant Militia

3 Veteran Sellswords

3 Huntsmen

3 Imperial Drummer

3 Stirland Deathjacks

3 Van Klumpf’s Buccaneers

3 Averheim Soldiers

3 Ostland Bowmen

3 Demoralise

3 Iron Discipline

2 Called Back

2 Demolition!

3 Knight Training

3 Garrisoned

3 The Imperial Zoo

3 Church of Sigmar

3 Derricksburg Forge

2 Griffon Standard

Edited by Kaine82

Wouldn't Rodrik (warrior) be 100x better than Demolition?

Also Veteran Greatsword instead of Griffon Standard?

Also Veteran Greatsword instead of Griffon Standard?

Same thought.

I've tried Rodrik , but Derricksburg Forge allows for faster starts.

I used to run Veteran Greatsword until recently. He was replaced in update after Cataclysm. He's great for one big hit, but damage cancellation kills him. Griffon Standard's ability is a constant.

Edited by Kaine82

He also allows better economy, you pay for him 3, the same as for the dwarfen tactic. Also Contested Village could replace Forges.

Edited by Virgo

He also allows better economy, you pay for him 3, the same as for dwarfen tactic. Also Conteste Village could replace Forges.

Forges add loyalty early and I will often use the draw card ability in the quest. I agree Rodrik is great, but not for fast economy. Demolition is there by necessity, every deck needs at least one way to deal with supports, but the goal of this deck is to kill as fast as possible and when it comes to empire fast economy cards forges are where it's at.

Edited by Kaine82

but damage cancellation kills him

In what way?? O_O

If the attack with pumped greatsword is cancelled his ability won't work next turn ;)

If the attack with pumped greatsword is cancelled his ability won't work next turn ;)

O_O how that?

Because his action only works when he enters play and only till the end of turn?

You would have to return him back to hand to boost him again (call for reserves would be good for that).

Because his action only works when he enters play and only till the end of turn?

You would have to return him back to hand to boost him again (call for reserves would be good for that).

ok, but what stops us from putting a unit there? =)

In this case, my wife would definitely target the griffon-attached unit with all the might of her anger =)

Edited by c2h4n

Yes, but I still think its better. I only cost 2 instead of 3 with a chance of hitting big twice.

Edited by Kaine82

What would be a viable substitute for derricksburg forge? Since that one is restricted.

I use The Emporer's Statue as a substitue for Derricksburg Forge - fast economy and loyalty. Plus, I use Rodrick's as my restricted card here. My deck is similar but different:

http://deckbox.org/sets/454679

Cool build! Neat to see a non-rush warrior deck.

I don't run The Emperor's Statue because it conflicts with Veteran Sellswords . They are key in getting the biggest attack for 3 - 4 resources per turn.

Don't get me wrong, I am as in love with Rodrick as much as the next guy, especially in conjunction with Osterknacht Elite . Choosing him over Derricksburg as your restricted card in a rush deck is giving up quite a bit of speed.

Edited by Kaine82

the veteran greatswords+call for reserves+rodrick raiders. i like also emperor's chosen.