Wild Card Vs Conan/Crown

By Chiron70, in Age of Conan

The rules state: "When selecting a wild die, a player may never choose an action that would have been available to him had he selected a different available fate die." Then uses the military, Intrigue, military/intrigue as the examples.

The rules also say when doing the Court action he "...ignores the Conan part of the instructions..."

So the question:

Can a player choose the Wild die to do a Court action if there is a Conan + Court action die available?

We played it as she/he could use Wild as court even if the Conan+Court was available (since technically they are different) but am looking for something official.

Thanks!

Not official, but I would say "No". If there is a "Court + Conan", you would need to use that die before using a "Wild" for a Court-Only action. Besides, when would you ever NOT want to take a "Conan" action, as long as you were already planning on taking the "Court" action?

TK

In our case the 'Wild' die was preferable to the 'Conan+Court' die as it prevented another player from taking the 'Wild' die.

Sounds like one vote for 'Wild-Court' is close enough to 'Court-Conan' that it (Wild) can NOT be taken if 'Court-Conan' is available....That would have broken the tie we had in our group (fyi I voted same as you but it was my 'Wild-Military' action that was being prevented) ... has anyone else seen anything official and/or had to deal with this situation?

Chiron said:

In our case the 'Wild' die was preferable to the 'Conan+Court' die as it prevented another player from taking the 'Wild' die.

This is exactly why the official answer is: NO!

Francesco Nepitello