Imperial Options

By nobleone2, in General Discussion

Please add the options of going imperial instead of rebels. Though RPGs tend to be focused on good aligned people there comes a time when the option of going bad becomes a nice option.

Along the same lines Chiss would have been a good race to bring up especially when their culture backs up the Empire in the outter rim. It would bring great content to mesh EOTE and AOR. And please o' please include Chiss Claw craft!

I really don't see that playing a group of Imperials requires specific 'rules' in the book to be called out. More than anything, it requires a mature group of players and a deft GM, not an extra chapter in a rulebook.

Also, I think the Chiss role in the Rebellion Era is very much a niche thing, so while we might see it in a supplement, I doubt we'll see them in the main book.

If I were a betting man, I would bet that the Chiss will be in the Enter the Unknown supplement. I too wish to run an Empire campaign, but I wish for nothing more than a blurb on suggested alterations to the rules for playing in the Empire in the Age of Rebellion book.

Though on the cover of enter the unkown a chiss looks to be on it. No mention of an additional race is present in the dialogue.

Though on the cover of enter the unkown a chiss looks to be on it. No mention of an additional race is present in the dialogue.

Likely, that's because the marketing department wants to limit how much they say about the book's content this far out, so that they can generate more marketing buzz by dropping new info closer to release.

I agree with Rikoshi, the material for an Imperial campaign really doesn't need a chapter in the core rulebook.

However, what FFG might consider instead is doing an Imperial-based sourcebook, much like the one that WEG published years ago, giving all sorts of info on the Imperial war machine and equipment, but also a section on playing and running all-Imperial campaigns for those groups interested in such things.

i get that it's 'edgy' to play the bad guys in a given setting, but for a lot of folks, playing Star Wars means playing the good guys, which by default are going to be the Rebels, so that's the approach FFG is going to go for in their core rulebook.

Likely, that's because the marketing department wants to limit how much they say about the book's content this far out, so that they can generate more marketing buzz by dropping new info closer to release.

Looking at many of FFG's other releases, they don't start dropping hints until the book in question isn't more than a month or so out from release.

Heck, when the EotE core rulebook got pushed back from early May to early July, the EotE teasers also dried up... until we were about a month out from the first week of July.

I hope someone up high sees this post and considers it. I beg for stats for the DarkTrooper. Phase 0, Phase 1, Phase 2, and Phase 3 as well as the Purge Trooper. I can homebrew, but I have a thing for official stats. These would be AMAZING for Age of Rebellion (Though Purge Trooper could understandably be held until the FaD). Dark Forces was my very first step into Star Wars EU and I have been in love with the concept from that point on.

If we look to what they've done with the 40K games as an indicator, I fully expect to see Imperials as their own dedicated main book.

I hope someone up high sees this post and considers it. I beg for stats for the DarkTrooper. Phase 0, Phase 1, Phase 2, and Phase 3 as well as the Purge Trooper. I can homebrew, but I have a thing for official stats. These would be AMAZING for Age of Rebellion (Though Purge Trooper could understandably be held until the FaD). Dark Forces was my very first step into Star Wars EU and I have been in love with the concept from that point on.

The Age of Rebellion Beta at least has basic Dark Trooper stats. They're Nemesis-level adversaries and are quite nasty.

I did write-ups of the Dark Troopers from Phase 0 to Phase 3 over at the GSA as part of the "Threat Assessment" series. I opted to make them more viable as opponents for EotE PCs rather than walking TPKs waiting to happen.

The Age of Rebellion Beta at least has basic Dark Trooper stats. They're Nemesis-level adversaries and are quite nasty.

I did write-ups of the Dark Troopers from Phase 0 to Phase 3 over at the GSA as part of the "Threat Assessment" series. I opted to make them more viable as opponents for EotE PCs rather than walking TPKs waiting to happen.

Awesome! I can't wait to see the stats!!! And thank you Mr. Morningfire, I greatly enjoy your GSA work. You deserve much thanks.

Awesome! I can't wait to see the stats!!! And thank you Mr. Morningfire, I greatly enjoy your GSA work. You deserve much thanks.

It vaguely sounds like the NPC is Phase 3 since the armor has a missile tube, which is admittedly the main difference I'm aware of between Phase 2 and 3 (that and Phase 3 being a confirmed "powered armor", but this NPC wasn't statted with an option to wear one)... but I'll second what Hikoshi said, the AoR beta book one is... egad . Notice how Donovan deliberately scaled down the missile tube on the Phase 2? The AoR beta book didn't .

I will say this (once again) re: roleplaying Imperials in Age of Rebellion ... a lot of what FFG could actually bring to the table that would be of value here (read: actually be worth money) would be roleplaying stuff, because combine EotE with AoR and you've already got a comprehensive spectrum of Imperial content stats-wise, spanning troops, officers, moffs, vehicles, starfighters, (some) freighters to transports to capital ships of varying sizes... albeit which stops short of the Executor , much less the second Death Star.

Wonder if the Emperor's Royal Guards are among them...

Edited by Chortles

Wonder if the Emperor's Royal Guards are among them...

If we see them, I think they appear in F&D.

I just took a look at Cracken's Rebel Operatives , and one option alluded to (in the form of several NPCs of the sort) there is playing an Rebel in Imperial cover... an interesting inversion of the sometimes-discussed idea for an EotE player to be secretly Imperial-backing. :P

Edited by Chortles

Discussing Imperial options? I've got a bad feeling about this...

Discussing Imperial options? I've got a bad feeling about this...

You shouldn't have them. You have watched too much rebel propaganda.....

This document was created long time ago.....it helps to clear the air.

Sorry, I couldn't resist :D .

Edited by NicoDavout

love it.

I have that entire clip saved on my desktop. As a cop and Star Wars fan, I've watched it several times. It is pretty obvious either the maker of the video watched too many COPS episodes or had a police officer assist in the dialogue (the repeated domestic calls at the Lars residence).

Did someone say Imperial options?
MFWrJcQ.png

Yes, thanks to you all, I have now just imagined the events of the original trilogy played out in pro wrestling form as if it were a continuous weekly storyline, and the prequels were just some "experimental" booking down in developmental.

In agreement with Rikoshi, playing as an Imperial doesn't need its own chapter, however it'd be nice for at least a section to be done up in the book, just talking about core stuff you'd need to know.

But really, we already know MOST the stuff. We have the weapons, the armor, the key players, and an enemy.

It'd be nice to have a few pages to assist an Imperial campaign off the ground, but ultimately with just a wee bit of creativity and research, we can do it even now, with the EotE book.

In agreement with Rikoshi, playing as an Imperial doesn't need its own chapter, however it'd be nice for at least a section to be done up in the book, just talking about core stuff you'd need to know.

I don't think specific rules are really needed, either. However, a sort of Imperial Sourcebook containing information on the structure and workings of the Empire would be useful, both for Rebel and Imperial campaigns. If such a book contained a GM chapter with some helpful advice on how to run an Imperial campaign that could certainly be welcome.

(Oh wait, I already have this book. Thank you WEG. :) )

I agree, it would be great to get some professions like storm/scout trooper, officer, pilot etc. Hopefully the third book will allow for the creation of dark and grey Jedi.

If they do an imperial sourcebook, and that is IF, I hope it focuses on running an imperial themed campaign, both rebellion era through the remnant to the Fel Dynasty, is loaded with adventure hooks, and I feel a random super weapon generation chart.

They did a chaos book for 40k. So I would not rule out a future source book.