Star Wars: LCG On Skype/IM's? - Your Thoughts On It

By Adsuki, in Star Wars: The Card Game

I saw a post for Star Wars: Edge of the Empire where someone was using Skype to find a game for it weekly and while I was taking a shower, it hit me! Why not start a topic about it, but for this card game.

What are you guy's thoughts on it? What are your thoughts on it for tabletop RPG's? Does it work for the one and not the other? Are you afraid and/or know the player might cheat by using better cards for the Balance of the Force conflict?

Let's discuss about it, shall we? I'm interested in it. =)

Edit: I have no expericne in Tabletop Role Playing Games. So I don't know the difference between the two and I do apologize for that as well. ^_^

Edited by Adsuki

I have played the game using Skype and real cards to play against the other guys from the show. It's better than using a computer program I feel as it feels more "real".

I play my best friend over Xbox Live using real cards. KS to FL baby, Best thing ever!

never tried it but im sure it would be fun, but i like octgn for opening up my meta.

I play my best friend over Xbox Live using real cards. KS to FL baby, Best thing ever!

I need to try this. Didn't know you could do video with Xbox live.

Man, I need to start playing this game online.

I have been doing this from day one actually :) Lots of fun!

Gonna go ahead and bump this old thread. Is there anyone that still plays the LCG online with real components and a webcam and not on OCTGN?

I play sometimes using Xbox Live and the Kinect. You just position the Kinect so that it aims down at your play area. Works well, and is nice to have my opponent's play area on my 60+ inch screen.

I play sometimes using Xbox Live and the Kinect. You just position the Kinect so that it aims down at your play area. Works well, and is nice to have my opponent's play area on my 60+ inch screen.

Nice! I have neither a Kinect nor an Xbox but I do have a webcam on my laptop and Skype/G+... I just need to see if I can angle the webcam down enough so the play area is visible.

I might be willing to give it a shot, but we'll see. I'm a touch on the paranoid side. :P

I might be willing to give it a shot, but we'll see. I'm a touch on the paranoid side. :P

I am too but I like this game enough to try that. I feel like I could improve more at the game if I played more.

I've had played a handful of games with Webcam and real cards instead of OCTGN. It works, but I have trouble finding a good set up where my Webcam can cover my entire play area in a way that my opponent can actually see everything. To be fair, that's partially the fault of how small my kitchen table is.

I would be willing to try as well.

Okay, I'm going to spend some time after I sleep to get an acceptable setup so my table can be seen clear enough.

CooMasterCoo and I have been playing using FaceTime on our iPads for quite a while now. Works great for us. I do like the idea of using Xbox, I'll have to give that a try. Personally, I like using the actual cards in hand vs. playing online with virtuals.

I'd love to try this.

Please PM if you want an opponent.

I'm all setup. Add me on Skype. groggygolem.

EDIT

My pic is the Rebel symbol.

Edited by GroggyGolem

Just got my webcam and my area is setup for now. Kinda temporary since the setup at the moment is weird. My name is skype is caliaaron09.

Edit: Also have Google Hangout as well. Pm name or email so I can find you.

Edited by CaliAlpha

I am set up for skype games as well. pm me if interested in playing.

I'm new to the game but would love to Skype or Google Hangout a game with someone.

Google: ImChrisThom

I'll play on Skype. I use my Microsoft account for Skype:

[email protected]

IzualTheMighty is my Skype name as well, add me if you want to play sometime.

Anyone up for a Skype game tonight?

Anyone up for a Skype game tonight?

Ah, I'm sad I missed this. I'll most likely be open Sunday from the afternoon til evening EDT.