GREAT, but...

By Jedi SheeP2, in BattleLore

will there be a conversion kit from 1E to 2E ?

Some of us have a'lot for 1E, and i do not see myself buying the same amount of 2E.

So please FFG, make a conversion kit!

Seems unlikely, given the different scale af the minis used in the new edition.

Different scale.

Different rules.

Different mechanisms .

Different univers.

These two games are too different for a conversion kit

Really wish the would have included all 4 armies like in Rune Wars, I like using Elves and the Waiqar. I see no point in holding them back as an expansion, IMO.

Really wish the would have included all 4 armies like in Rune Wars, I like using Elves and the Waiqar. I see no point in holding them back as an expansion, IMO.

How about "space in the box?" These figures are on the same scale as Descent, give or take (or so I'm told.) There are a sizable number of figures for each faction, including at least a few large figures.

Add in all the cards and tiles and I rather suspect this box will be pretty full. Given that FFG seems to be moving away from the old school coffin boxes, I think it had to be so. Including all four factions would have meant cutting back on the number of figures each faction has, which in turn would limit the scope of battles between any two of the four.

That said, a second starter box with Waiqar vs Latari would be cool, too =)

As far as space in a box, I think they easily could have limited the number of figures in a core so that the core set was focused on small skirmishes, but larger battles would be possible with a second core. I think the bigger problem is the cost for making the molds.

But I totally agree that a second starter box with Waiqar and the Latari would be awesome. If it came with its own dice, board, and rules, that would be very handy. Not likely, I think, but I'd love it.

After all I've seen and read, I'm sticking to first edition.