Another Character Generator

By OggDude, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

Any idea when the next release will be?

I'm waiting until at least one language has been translated. I have three of them in the works (Spanish, French, and German). If anyone else wants to volunteer... :)

As discuss by email i am ready to help for the french translation.

Regards

Marc

My fault people, sorry. I delayed a lot with the translations.

Gawd Josep...anyone would think you're doing this for free or something...wait a second :)

I don'[t think you need to apologize.

Edited by GM Hooly

Eagerly awaiting the next update. There are 2-3 things I'm having problems with that are confirmed to have been addressed.

Gawd Josep...anyone would think you're doing this for free or something...wait a second :)

I don'[t think you need to apologize.

Don't listen to him...your life should revolve around this task... :P J/k

Not that anyone else might notice this, but the Golan Defense Platform has 40 hard points instead of 4.... Might want to address that in the next release.

Not that anyone else might notice this, but the Golan Defense Platform has 40 hard points instead of 4.... Might want to address that in the next release.

It only has 40 hardpoints for PCs...GMs only get 4...

It only has 40 hardpoints for PCs...GMs only get 4...

Considering I'm planning on purchasing about a half a dozen in one of my games, I still think it might be worthwhile to correct it. ;)

So I have made a fairly functional Wine wrapper for my mac using GM to use your Tools. He absolutely loves it but right now when trying to save a stat block the sample stat block image is just White or whatever color is selected for the background. he can export and I can save the stat block for him but was wondering what sort of dependencies there might be that I missed for this. or if you have any input. I know that mac porting probably is not your thing but any input would be appreciated, I am using 1.5.

So, I'm just going through the data, filling stuff out, in the Base Foci section there's a spot for Weapon Depot and Research Facility, and it says the information can be found in Desperate Allies on page 88. I can't seem to find any sort of description for either of these. Am I missing something?

So, I'm just going through the data, filling stuff out, in the Base Foci section there's a spot for Weapon Depot and Research Facility, and it says the information can be found in Desperate Allies on page 88. I can't seem to find any sort of description for either of these. Am I missing something?

they are in the table. The table flows to page 89. They are there.

Another feature request/question: I can't find a place to assign damage to weapons/gear. Is that in the creator somewhere and, if not, can it be added at some point in the future?

Another feature request/question: I can't find a place to assign damage to weapons/gear. Is that in the creator somewhere and, if not, can it be added at some point in the future?

Seconded!

delete

Edited by zathras23

What do you mean by "assign damage to weapons/gear"? Are you talking the data editor or something else?

What do you mean by "assign damage to weapons/gear"? Are you talking the data editor or something else?

For things like sundering someones weapon. The weapon takes damage. Would be good to be able to track that damage.

Being able to store the state of a piece of equipment's damage (Minor, Moderate, Heavy, Destroyed) as it has an effect on its dice pool. For example, in one of the campaigns in which I play, a character of mine came across a moderately damaged electrostaff and he hasn't had the money to repair it for the last 10 sessions (we're dirt poor and on the run from the Empire, you know, the usual). I sometimes forget to modify the dice pool due to the damage the weapon has sustained and it'd be nice to see that noted somewhere in the generator.

Edited by Braendig

I don't see them in the table either. Plus that table (Table 3-1) is about Base Upgrades, not Base Foci. No big, just leaving it blank for now.

Anyway, just so you all know, I've completed my data set. Any descriptions I couldn't find in books, I used the descriptions found on Wookiepeedia. There are a few other things without descriptions, because they were neither in a Rulebook nor Wookieepedia. I'm going to call this an "Alpha" set for now, I still want to go over it better, make sure page numbers are right, fix typos, etc.

Also, since the Unofficial Species Managerie is added to it, I was thinking of adding the Unnoficial Rebels Sourcebook as well, seeing as I personally see it just as just as high of a quality source as the Species Managerie. But when I go to add a Source book, I get an error. Anyone else having an issue with that?

Edited by onebadveggie

OggDude and associates,

First of all, thank you and and everyone who puts so much of your personal time and effort into maintaining this awesome program.

I have recently encountered a little problem when I run the program. I initially installed the program using the webinstaller from the Copy.com link (which is now unusable). The DropBox webinstaller didn't work, so I tried the manual install to drag and drop the files into the same directory (which was oddly enough really difficult to find). When I received an error using the program (no surprise, really as local install and webinstall probably conflict), I then attempted to uninstall the program and re-install using the webinstaller. Another error occurs. Please review the following installer log for the results. There is probably a file that wasn't deleted from somewhere (possibly the registry?)

Thanks again, and I appreciate any help in resolving this issue.

The following properties have been set:
Property: [AdminUser] = true {boolean}
Property: [installMode] = HomeSite {string}
Property: [ProcessorArchitecture] = AMD64 {string}
Property: [VersionNT] = 6.1.1 {version}
Running checks for package 'Windows Installer 3.1', phase BuildList
The following properties have been set for package 'Windows Installer 3.1':
Running checks for command 'WindowsInstaller3_1\WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe'
Result of running operator 'VersionGreaterThanOrEqualTo' on property 'VersionMsi' and value '3.1': true
Result of checks for command 'WindowsInstaller3_1\WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe' is 'Bypass'
'Windows Installer 3.1' RunCheck result: No Install Needed
Running checks for package 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (x86 and x64)', phase BuildList
Reading value 'Version' of registry key 'HKLM\Software\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Client'
Read string value '4.0.30319'
Setting value '4.0.30319 {string}' for property 'DotNet40Client_TargetVersion'
The following properties have been set for package 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (x86 and x64)':
Property: [DotNet40Client_TargetVersion] = 4.0.30319 {string}
Running checks for command 'DotNetFX40Client\dotNetFx40_Client_x86_x64.exe'
Result of running operator 'ValueEqualTo' on property 'InstallMode' and value 'HomeSite': true
Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX40Client\dotNetFx40_Client_x86_x64.exe' is 'Bypass'
Running checks for command 'DotNetFX40Client\dotNetFx40_Client_setup.exe'
Result of running operator 'ValueNotEqualTo' on property 'InstallMode' and value 'HomeSite': false
Result of running operator 'VersionGreaterThanOrEqualTo' on property 'DotNet40Client_TargetVersion' and value '4.0.30129': true
Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX40Client\dotNetFx40_Client_setup.exe' is 'Bypass'
'Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (x86 and x64)' RunCheck result: No Install Needed
Launching Application.
Application appears to be an application manifest
Launching application manifest via dfshim

I don't see them in the table either. Plus that table (Table 3-1) is about Base Upgrades, not Base Foci. No big, just leaving it blank for now.

Anyway, just so you all know, I've completed my data set. Any descriptions I couldn't find in books, I used the descriptions found on Wookiepeedia. There are a few other things without descriptions, because they were neither in a Rulebook nor Wookieepedia. I'm going to call this an "Alpha" set for now, I still want to go over it better, make sure page numbers are right, fix typos, etc.

Also, since the Unofficial Species Managerie is added to it, I was thinking of adding the Unnoficial Rebels Sourcebook as well, seeing as I personally see it just as just as high of a quality source as the Species Managerie. But when I go to add a Source book, I get an error. Anyone else having an issue with that?

The first paragraph in table 3-1 mentions a couple of "possible" bases. Since the number that were explicitly offered was rather low, I added a couple more based on that paragraph.

The Rebels sourcebook is included, just not built-in. You can import it from the Imports directory. The only reason I didn't include it with the data is because it's of a specific, rather than general, use.

The Source dropdown has an issue. It's been fixed, but it'll have to wait fro the next release.

OggDude and associates,

First of all, thank you and and everyone who puts so much of your personal time and effort into maintaining this awesome program.

I have recently encountered a little problem when I run the program. I initially installed the program using the webinstaller from the Copy.com link (which is now unusable). The DropBox webinstaller didn't work, so I tried the manual install to drag and drop the files into the same directory (which was oddly enough really difficult to find). When I received an error using the program (no surprise, really as local install and webinstall probably conflict), I then attempted to uninstall the program and re-install using the webinstaller. Another error occurs. Please review the following installer log for the results. There is probably a file that wasn't deleted from somewhere (possibly the registry?)

Thanks again, and I appreciate any help in resolving this issue.

The following properties have been set:

Property: [AdminUser] = true {boolean}

Property: [installMode] = HomeSite {string}

Property: [ProcessorArchitecture] = AMD64 {string}

Property: [VersionNT] = 6.1.1 {version}

Running checks for package 'Windows Installer 3.1', phase BuildList

The following properties have been set for package 'Windows Installer 3.1':

Running checks for command 'WindowsInstaller3_1\WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe'

Result of running operator 'VersionGreaterThanOrEqualTo' on property 'VersionMsi' and value '3.1': true

Result of checks for command 'WindowsInstaller3_1\WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe' is 'Bypass'

'Windows Installer 3.1' RunCheck result: No Install Needed

Running checks for package 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (x86 and x64)', phase BuildList

Reading value 'Version' of registry key 'HKLM\Software\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Client'

Read string value '4.0.30319'

Setting value '4.0.30319 {string}' for property 'DotNet40Client_TargetVersion'

The following properties have been set for package 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (x86 and x64)':

Property: [DotNet40Client_TargetVersion] = 4.0.30319 {string}

Running checks for command 'DotNetFX40Client\dotNetFx40_Client_x86_x64.exe'

Result of running operator 'ValueEqualTo' on property 'InstallMode' and value 'HomeSite': true

Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX40Client\dotNetFx40_Client_x86_x64.exe' is 'Bypass'

Running checks for command 'DotNetFX40Client\dotNetFx40_Client_setup.exe'

Result of running operator 'ValueNotEqualTo' on property 'InstallMode' and value 'HomeSite': false

Result of running operator 'VersionGreaterThanOrEqualTo' on property 'DotNet40Client_TargetVersion' and value '4.0.30129': true

Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX40Client\dotNetFx40_Client_setup.exe' is 'Bypass'

'Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (x86 and x64)' RunCheck result: No Install Needed

Launching Application.

Application appears to be an application manifest

Launching application manifest via dfshim

Yeah, copying the ZIP install over a web install is a really bad idea. There's a reason you had to work at it :) If you had copied it into any other folder, the two could have resided side-by-side without any issue.

As for removing the broken web install... do a web search on how to remove an installed entry found in "Programs and Features". I believe it's in the registry. Then you can just delete the directory by hand. ClickOnce has its own weird file structure for doing installs, so be careful about what else you remove. You may have other software installed that use ClickOnce as their installer...

Hey @OggDude is there a bug with the Shien Expert talent tree?

In the App the Shien expert has "defensive training" top left but in the book it says "side step"?

Hey @OggDude is there a bug with the Shien Expert talent tree?

In the App the Shien expert has "defensive training" top left but in the book it says "side step"?

Edited by rowdyoctopus