Another Character Generator

By OggDude, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

ACK!

Copy.com says,

Link Removed
Sorry, this link has been removed due to a violation of our terms of service.
Help me, OggDude! You're my only hope!

Well that sucks.

The DropBox links still seem to work. Of course, if you're one of the folks that used the Web Install off the Copy.com link, that's not going to help very much.

Of course, if you're one of the folks that used the Web Install off the Copy.com link, that's not going to help very much.

Yeah, like me. ;(

The link in the first post of the thread works.

Has anyone used a shared cloud service to host the character/game files for an entire player / GM group?

Actually, CAN the game data files be hosted on a cloud service for multiple people to use?

If you can map the drive to a network share, then yes - the code allows you to change the path IE: "Q:\shared\data" where Q is a network drive either as a NAS or just a shared folder on an accessible PC

I can no longer open the generator. It says to contact the administrator. As soon as you click on the link a tiny window that only says contact the administrator appears. I also tried reinstalling it in the Dropbox link and it was the same.

PLATFORM VERSION INFO

Windows : 10.0.10240.0 (Win32NT)

Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.42000

System.Deployment.dll : 4.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2

clr.dll : 4.6.96.0 built by: NETFXREL2STAGE

dfdll.dll : 4.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2

dfshim.dll : 10.0.10240.16384 (th1.150709-1700)

SOURCES

Deployment url : file:///C:/Users/test/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Start%20Menu/Programs/OggDude's%20Star%20Wars%20RPG%20Suite/Star%20Wars%20Character%20Generator%20and%20GM%20Tools.appref-ms%7C

Server : nginx

ERROR SUMMARY

Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.

* Activation of C:\Users\test\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\OggDude's Star Wars RPG Suite\Star Wars Character Generator and GM Tools.appref-ms| resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:

+ Activation failed.

+ The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY

No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS

* The manifest for this application does not have a signature. Signature validation will be ignored.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS

* [8/28/2015 7:28:44 AM] : Activation of C:\Users\test\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\OggDude's Star Wars RPG Suite\Star Wars Character Generator and GM Tools.appref-ms| has started.

* [8/28/2015 7:28:44 AM] : Performing necessary update check as specified by the deployment.

ERROR DETAILS

Following errors were detected during this operation.

* [8/28/2015 7:28:45 AM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (Activation)

- Activation failed.

- Source: System.Deployment

- Stack trace:

at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)

at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.Activate(DefinitionAppId appId, AssemblyManifest appManifest, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ProcessOrFollowShortcut(String shortcutFile, String& errorPageUrl, TempFile& deployFile)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

--- Inner Exception ---

System.IO.FileNotFoundException

- The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

- Stack trace:

at System.Deployment.Application.NativeMethods.CorLaunchApplication(UInt32 hostType, String applicationFullName, Int32 manifestPathsCount, String[] manifestPaths, Int32 activationDataCount, String[] activationData, PROCESS_INFORMATION processInformation)

at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS

No transaction information is available.

Edited by NicoJMont

{previous content deleted}

EDIT

As of 8:53am Eastern, I have access once again!

Edited by Lifer4700

So copy.com is working again? I got an email about a "public link violation", and I was guessing that "setup.exe" was being flagged as dangerous and evil by their virus detectors. Funny that the same software has been up there for months now with no problem.

So, just to verify, it's working now?

Nico, it looks like you remove the link to the launcher from your start menu, or maybe the link can't find the launcher. Just uninstall and reinstall.

I just checked again (12:24pm) and it's not working.

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of C:\Users\Scott\Desktop\Star Wars Char Gen.appref-ms| resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Exception reading manifest from https://www.copy.com/error/?id=1048&ref=%2FtArOKJad4XukGYYv%2FDeploy%2FSWCharGen%2FSWCharGenLauncher.application: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened.
+ For security reasons DTD is prohibited in this XML document. To enable DTD processing set the DtdProcessing property on XmlReaderSettings to Parse and pass the settings into XmlReader.Create method.

Edited by Lifer4700

I managed to launch it by disconnecting from the Internet.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I am getting errors when I attempt to reinstall

Same errors as above when I run the launcher....

I managed to launch it by disconnecting from the Internet.

Ha! That works! Unfortunately, when I reconnect, I get that error again.

It has been suggested to uninstall, but I cannot figure out how. I'm pretty computer savvy, but there is only a shortcut (appref-ms, 376 bytes) on the desktop, and I don't know how to figure out where it points (Win10). SWCharGen is not listed in Windows' list of software so I can't do that, there's nothing on the start menu. I feel like a n00b!

EDIT

I found it! It doesn't have the same icon in the software list! I guess I AM a n00b!

Edited by Lifer4700

So copy.com is working again? I got an email about a "public link violation", and I was guessing that "setup.exe" was being flagged as dangerous and evil by their virus detectors. Funny that the same software has been up there for months now with no problem.

So, just to verify, it's working now?

Nico, it looks like you remove the link to the launcher from your start menu, or maybe the link can't find the launcher. Just uninstall and reinstall.

copy.com is down. It won't even let me launch right now.

I sent them an email, so hopefully we'll figure out what their issue is.

Got this error today:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidOperationException: There was an error generating the XML document. ---> System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
at System.Drawing.Image.get_RawFormat()
at System.Drawing.ImageConverter.ConvertTo(ITypeDescriptorContext context, CultureInfo culture, Object value, Type destinationType)
at SWCharGen.CharVehicle.get_BytePortrait()
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterCharVehicle.Write20_CharVehicle(String n, String ns, CharVehicle o, Boolean isNullable, Boolean needType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterCharVehicle.Write21_CharVehicle(Object o)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(XmlWriter xmlWriter, Object o, XmlSerializerNamespaces namespaces, String encodingStyle, String id)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(Stream stream, Object o, XmlSerializerNamespaces namespaces)
at SWCharGen.CharModdableItem.Clone()
at SWCharGen.EditVehicle.btnCopy_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at SWCharGen.ImageButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.
For example:
<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>
When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Edited by Greyh Seer

I can now launch the program without getting an error telling me the copy.com stuff was bad. It works.

Is copy.com working for everyone now?

Not yet here. :-(

Still getting:

ERROR SUMMARY
* Activation of Star Wars Character Generator and GM Tools.appref-ms| resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Exception reading manifest from https://www.copy.com/error/?id=1048&ref=%2FtArOKJad4XukGYYv%2FDeploy%2FSWCharGen%2FSWCharGenLauncher.application: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened.
+ For security reasons DTD is prohibited in this XML document. To enable DTD processing set the DtdProcessing property on XmlReaderSettings to Parse and pass the settings into XmlReader.Create method.

Is copy.com working for everyone now?

No joy here.

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-28%20at%204.37.5

PLATFORM VERSION INFO

Windows : 6.2.9200.0 (Win32NT)

Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.34209

System.Deployment.dll : 4.0.30319.34243 built by: FX452RTMGDR

clr.dll : 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR

dfdll.dll : 4.0.30319.34243 built by: FX452RTMGDR

dfshim.dll : 6.3.9600.16384 (winblue_rtm.130821-1623)

SOURCES

Deployment url : file:///C:/Users/Administrator/Desktop/Star%20Wars%20Character%20Generator%20and%20GM%20Tools.appref-ms%7C

ERROR SUMMARY

* Activation of C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Star Wars Character Generator and GM Tools.appref-ms| resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:

WARNINGS

There were no warnings during this operation.

* [8/28/2015 9:37:41 PM] : Activation of C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Star Wars Character Generator and GM Tools.appref-ms| has started.

* [8/28/2015 9:37:41 PM] : Performing necessary update check as specified by the deployment.

ERROR DETAILS

* [8/28/2015 9:37:42 PM] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (ManifestParse)

- Exception reading manifest from https://www.copy.com/error/?id=1048&ref=%2FtArOKJad4XukGYYv%2FDeploy%2FSWCharGen%2FSWCharGenLauncher.application: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened.

- Stack trace:

at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestReader.FromDocument(String localPath, ManifestType manifestType, Uri sourceUri)

at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirect(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)

at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifest(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentUpdate(SubscriptionState& subState, String& errorPageUrl)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ProcessOrFollowShortcut(String shortcutFile, String& errorPageUrl, TempFile& deployFile)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

--- Inner Exception ---

System.Xml.XmlException

- For security reasons DTD is prohibited in this XML document. To enable DTD processing set the DtdProcessing property on XmlReaderSettings to Parse and pass the settings into XmlReader.Create method.

- Source: System.Xml

- Stack trace:

at System.Xml.XmlCharCheckingReader.Read()

at System.Xml.XsdValidatingReader.Read()

at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestReader.FromDocument(String localPath, ManifestType manifestType, Uri sourceUri)

Here's from Copy.com

PLATFORM VERSION INFO

SOURCES
ERROR SUMMARY
* Activation of http://copy.com/tArOKJad4XukGYYv/Deploy/SWCharGen/SWCharGenLauncher.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.
* [8/28/2015 4:29:16 PM] : Activation of http://copy.com/tArOKJad4XukGYYv/Deploy/SWCharGen/SWCharGenLauncher.application has started.
ERROR DETAILS
* [8/28/2015 4:29:16 PM] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (ManifestParse)
- Exception reading manifest from https://www.copy.com/error/?id=1048&ref=%2FtArOKJad4XukGYYv%2FDeploy%2FSWCharGen%2FSWCharGenLauncher.application: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened.
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirectBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.Xml.XmlException
- For security reasons DTD is prohibited in this XML document. To enable DTD processing set the DtdProcessing property on XmlReaderSettings to Parse and pass the settings into XmlReader.Create method.
- Source: System.Xml
- Stack trace:
at System.Xml.XmlCharCheckingReader.Read()
at System.Xml.XsdValidatingReader.Read()

Here's from Dropbox

PLATFORM VERSION INFO

SOURCES
IDENTITIES
Deployment Identity : SWCharGenLauncher.application, Version=1.4.6.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0000000000000000, processorArchitecture=x86
Application Identity : SWCharGenLauncher.exe, Version=1.4.6.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0000000000000000, processorArchitecture=x86, type=win32
APPLICATION SUMMARY
* Installable application.
ERROR SUMMARY
* Activation of https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26990628/deploy/SWCharGen/SWCharGenLauncher.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Downloading https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26990628/deploy/SWCharGen/Application Files/SWCharGenLauncher_1_4_6_0/Data/Careers/Explorer.xml did not succeed.
+ The remote server returned an error: (504) Gateway Timeout.
WARNINGS
* The manifest for this application does not have a signature. Signature validation will be ignored.
* [8/28/2015 4:30:32 PM] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.
* [8/28/2015 4:30:32 PM] : Installation of the application has started.
* [8/28/2015 4:30:35 PM] : Processing of application manifest has successfully completed.
* [8/28/2015 4:30:38 PM] : Found compatible runtime version 4.0.30319.
* [8/28/2015 4:30:38 PM] : Request of trust and detection of platform is complete.
ERROR DETAILS
* [8/28/2015 4:39:52 PM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentDownloadException (Unknown subtype)
- Downloading https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26990628/deploy/SWCharGen/Application Files/SWCharGenLauncher_1_4_6_0/Data/Careers/Explorer.xml did not succeed.
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()
at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDependencies(SubscriptionState subState, AssemblyManifest deployManifest, AssemblyManifest appManifest, Uri sourceUriBase, String targetDirectory, String group, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.Net.WebException
- The remote server returned an error: (504) Gateway Timeout.
- Source: System
- Stack trace:
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)

Those are the exact messages I was getting. Tried it again randomly after waiting a bit and it worked. I would fiddle with it and see if it is still working for me, but I'm planning an adventure for tomorrow and really need to maintain access :D

Dropbox is working. It looks like they just might have a lot of traffic and you got a timeout. Copy.com, on the other hand, is mad at me and removed the link. I'm still waiting for their support to get back to me. I'm also not sure if I can re-create the link, or if it's going to be different. If they can re-enable it, that would be best, but if not, I'll need to change the link.

Here it is! Copy.com still doesn't work, so until further notice, you'll have to use DropBox. Good news is that I actually have a pay account there now, so they shouldn't complain anymore about bandwidth :)

Anyway, give it about 15 minutes or so to sync the release. Also, lots and lots of changes. Please report any bugs. And enjoy!

Release 1.5.0.0
New/Changed Data:
  • Updated all data to conform with the release of the Force and Destiny Core Rulebook.
  • Added all Force and Destiny adversaries to the "Force and Destiny Core" import. Most of these were found in the beta import, but have been updated with changes, and some new adversaries were added. Beta adversaries that didn't make the cut can still be found in the "Force and Destiny Beta" import.
  • Added a new import containing adversaries, encounters, and a data set including new species, vehicles, weapons, and more, to support the "Spark of Rebellion" fan-made source book. This sourcebook supports the popular "Star Wars: Rebels" television show. Special thanks goes out to Ebak and the entire gang at Rancor Publishing for their hard work on this excellent supplement, as well as for doing most of the work on this new import.
  • Added a new import containing adversaries and encounters for the "Lessons from the Past" adventure found in the back of the Force and Destiny Core Rulebook.
  • Added a new import containing adversaries and encounters for the "Hidden Depths" adventure included with the Force and Destiny Game Master's Screen.
  • Added a new import containing adversaries and encounters for the "Mountaintop Rescue" adventure included with the Force and Destiny Beginners Game.
  • The image for the VX Sidewinder Repeating Blaster was the same for the Z50 Grenade Launcher. The Sidewinder now has the proper image.
  • The Operation Planning Duty from Desperate Allies was not added to the last release. It has now been added.
  • There was a mistyping for the special abilities of the HIC Mercy and the Wipe-3 data-purge grenades. These have been fixed.
  • There was a mistyping for the special ability of the flare jacket. This has been fixed.
  • The Marksman Barrel was only allowed on the original Blaster Rifle. This has now been changed to any blaster rifle.
  • Added Angle Deflector Shields maneuver to both the Astromech and Engineer position for vehicles.
  • The A-36 Pathfinder's concussion missile launchers no longer have the Slow Firing quality.
  • The A-36 Pathfinder now has the ANQ 3.6 Tracking Computer as a built-in attachment.
  • The Loronar E-9 Explorer now has Engineering Access as a built-in attachment.
  • Replaced the silhouette of the YT-2400 with a more accurate one.
  • Changed the mods for Upgraded Communications Array. Instead of changing sensor range, it now just notes that communications range has been increased. This was due to an answered dev question.
  • Added a second profile for the DR-45 Dragoon for when it is in carbine mode.
  • Split off Specific Motivations to their own master data table. The upside is that you may now edit the description of specific motivations without needing to customize the parent motivation. The downside is that all specific motivation descriptions will revert to their defaults. You will need to re-apply descriptions to specific motivations. It is also a good idea if you "remove" customization to motivations and revert them to "DescOnly".
  • Added "Ranged" and "Non-Heavy Rifle" to the categories of the Model 38 Sharpshooter's Rifle.
  • Enhanced Optics Suite still referred to the Surveillance skill in the effect. This reference has been removed.
  • The Greased Palms talent had an incorrect definition. It is now properly a ranked talent with a Maneuver activation.
  • The I-C2 Civil-Industrial Droid now properly costs 1,700,000 credits.
  • The Upgraded Comms Array attachment did not have a rarity specified. It now properly has a rarity of 6.
  • Fixed the "Dug Digger"'s encumbrance threshold to 100.
  • As per errata, the YZ-775 Medium Transport's light turbo laser and two medium laser cannons now have the Linked 1 quality.
  • Added the droids from Enter the Unknown as purchasable gear.
New Features/Enhancements:
  • Added a new pane to the GM Tools: Print Trees. This pane allows you to print generic/empty talent trees, force power trees, and signature ablity trees. Unlike the trees that show up in the character sheet, these sheets are not associated with a particular character. These trees may be used for reference, or for any other purpose.
  • Added support for creating Inquisitors. There is a new button in the Edit Adversary pane that will bring up a window that goes through the Inquisitor creation procedure found in the Force and Destiny Core Rulebook. Just go through the steps and you'll have a new Inquisitor. Since the Inquisitor is an adversary, it will show up in your adversary list and you can then make any changes to it that you like using the Adversary Editor.
  • Changed sorting for the equipment grids. Prices are now shown formatted (with commas) and will still sort on price value. Weapon damage will also now sort on the damage value, with added damage (with a +) sorted at the top, and other damage (damage or damage+add) sorted correctly below.
  • Vehicle rosters in encounters now support the Defensive Driving talent of the pilot, and will take into consideration the Advanced Targeting Array attachment's upgrade of Gunnery attacks.
  • Added career skills to base upgrades. While bases can still only contribute a single career skill, the choices are now combined from the base focus and any upgrade having career skills.
  • Added NPCs to bases. A base (specifically, the new Rebel base) can now provide its own NPCs. Previously, only upgrades and ad-hoc additions could contribute NPCs to bases.
  • Added an "NPC Caretaker" to the Rebel Base. Rebel bases have this single NPC to run the base, rather than the one NPC per group member for homesteads and businesses. It will be added automatically to your NPC list and can be modified as you see fit.
  • Updated the editors for Base of Operation and Base Upgrade to reflect the new changes.
  • Added a new feature to the generator: Compact character sheets. These are single-sheet versions of your character. They are mainly for convention runs, one-shot games, or for quick reference. They include a key at the bottom with all dice and symbols, plus however much other information (talents, equipment, Force abilities, etc) can fit. This is a first pass, of course, so please give your feedback as to what could be improved with the layout.
  • When clicking the Print button in the generator, a dialog will now appear. This dialog will include several character sheet-related options (found in the Options dialog as well), plus buttons to print a standard sheet, a new compact sheet, or to edit compact sheet options (priorities).
  • Modified weapon quality overrides for vehicle weapons in the data editor. Counts may now have a value of 0. Ranked qualities with a count of 0 will be removed from the final quality list. Unranked qualities can now be set with 0 or 1. 0 means quality will be removed, 1 means quality will be added.
  • On the character sheet, Force rating will now be listed even if the character has no Force powers.
  • A new option has been added to both the weapon editor and the adversary custom weapon editor. You can now select whether or not to add Brawn to the damage of melee-type weapons. These are any weapon that has a 0 for base damage and do not use the Mechanics skill (base damage and added damage work differently for explosives). For instance, lightsaber hilts that contribute no base damage should have this option checked. Also, melee or brawl weapons that only stun or entangle (or use similar qualities), but do no damage, should also have this option checked.
  • Modified the weapon editor to allow and disallow certain options based upon weapon settings. For instance, vehicle-only options will now be disabled if the weapon type is not "Vehicle".
  • Selling price for items is now based upon the total cost of the item, including attachments, rather than the base cost.
  • Added three new GM Grants. You may now choose to use Brawn and Willpower gained from Dedication (or any other talent) to increase your Wound and Strain Thresholds. By RAW, only starting Brawn and Willpower should affect these attributes. Also, you may now grant free ranks in skills, as well as making certain skills career skills.
  • You can now create desktop shortcuts for your favorite characters. To do this, click the new "Shortcut" button in the Character pane to create a shortcut for the currently-selected character. Double-clicking this shortcut on the desktop will run the character generator and automatically load the character. This is a good feature for players who almost always load the same character every time they run the generator.
  • Added support for the new three-way backgrounds presented in Force and Destiny. Also, modified the titles to more generically match all three CRBs.
  • All editors now support a check box combo control for the Source. This allows you to select multiple sources for an item.
  • In the equipment pane, put the reminder text for encumbrance and cybernetics on top of each other, rather than next to each other, to avoid overwriting text with large numbers.
  • In the skills grid, the drop-down for non-career skills will show up whenever you have any purchased ranks. Before, the skill also had to be a career skill.
  • Since it was confusing people, lightsaber techniques that allow you to choose a different characteristic for the skill will now work just like any other talent that allows choices. As soon as you select a technique skill, the "Choose Skill Characteristic" dialog will be displayed. Also, the "play" button in the bottom right corner will also be available and will also bring up this dialog. When you load your character, and a choice has not been made for any of your techniques, again, the dialog will be displayed, the same as if you hadn't chosen your Dedication characteristic, for instance. For convenience, the "Choose Skill Char" button on the specialization pane will continue to work as before.
  • Added a search by name filter to the equipment pane. Each equipment type has its own search string, so if you switch to another type, then back again, the old search string will reappear. The search string will match a name if the name contains the search string (regardless of case).
  • Added a search by model filter when adding a vehicle. The search string will match a vehicle model if the name contains the search string (regardless of case).
  • Duties with a zero size will now be displayed on the character sheet.
  • The currently-selected campaign on the Character pane will now be remembered between sessions.
  • The launcher now supports a minimize button so it can be minimized to the task bar.
  • The tool tip for talents will now display the specializations where the talent can be found.
  • The applications have new logos and a new icon.
  • You can now select the CRB style (Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion, or Force and Destiny) of adversary stat blocks in the Stat Block dialog. The created stat block will use the appropriate color scheme.
  • The generator now supports talents such as Intuitive Improvements that allows hard points to be added to items. If such a talent exists, an "Add HP" button will appear in the equipment pane, allowing the addition of a hard point to an acceptable item.
  • Loading characters in the generator should now be significantly faster than it was before, even for the first character, which takes slightly longer than subsequent loads.
  • The adversary control will now use different stored filter settings, depending on where the control is used. For instance, the adversary pane in GM Tools will store different filters than the NPC editor when editing bases, or the base/focus option dialogs in the data editor.
  • Standardized dialog buttons. All primary function buttons (OK, Cancel, Save, Add, etc) are now all the larger, rounded green buttons, while buttons for other functions are the thinner buttons. Also, added default buttons (buttons that get "clicked" when you hit enter), as well as making Cancel buttons accessible by hitting escape. Default buttons are generally of the OK, Add, or Save variety and have a enhancement so you'll know it's the default. As long as the button is enhanced, hitting Enter will "click" the button. If the button loses it's enhancement, then it usually means that another button has the focus and will be "clicked" instead when hitting Enter.
Bug Fixes:
  • There was a bug when printing out morality on the character sheet. It would only show if morality needed to be printed on a new sheet (that is, it didn't fit on the current sheet). This has been fixed.
  • For PC Adversaries, some talent ranks weren't being added properly when creating the adversary. This has been fixed.
  • The cost of purchased mods for item attachments would increase by 100 credits for each mod purchased. However, as verified by the developers, each mod should only cost 100 credits. The cost of modding item attachments has been corrected.
  • When retrieving information about item qualities, certain character-based changes due to talents were being applied multiple times from different sources (the item, attachments, etc). These checks are now properly applied just once to the final quality value.
  • The NPC Ally Rebel base upgrade incorrectly cost 1 obligation. This has been fixed.
  • If an adversary was given a weapon that had its skill changed (such as the H9 Pistol Grip), the damage would be calculated correctly for that skill, but the original skill would be listed for the weapon. The new skill will now be shown.
  • For adversaries, talents that came from item attachments would not always count correctly if more than one talent rank was gained by the attachment. Proper talent ranks from attachments should now be added up correctly.
  • Again for adversaries, talents that added damage based upon ranks in a skill were not being checked for. This should now work correctly.
  • Transfering credits in the transfer dialog did not properly set the changed flag so the "Transfer" button would become enabled. This now works correctly.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause long delays after every change once you chose sources from the Options dialog.
  • The Edit Adversaries control had a potential bug when using the name filter. If adversaries were added or removed, or if you used the name filter often, it would cause the filtering to be applied multiple times. It will now only be applied once when changed.
  • The auto-repeat problem while changing characteristics in the Add Adversary dialog should now be fixed. It'll also respond better to multiple clicks; before, it would sometimes skip every other click of the plus/minus buttons.
  • When printing group sheets, if you selected not to use an emblem for your group, character stat blocks would be cut off at the end. This will no longer happen.
  • When displaying information on the Reinforced Shield Generator, the zone displayed was always the first zone defined, even if multiple defense zone mods applied to different zones. Zone calculation was correct, only the displayed information was wrong. This has been fixed.
  • The three grids in GM Tools would sometimes behave inconsistently when adding or removing items. They should now all behave similarly, and updating should be quicker and smoother than before.
  • There were some issues with choosing attachment options in the attachment dialog. The first row option would sometimes be stuck on checked, and other various odd things happened with the options. This should now be fixed.
  • The name filter for adversaries wasn't always being saved. This is now fixed.

Okay, I have downloaded the new zip file. Our group keeps our data folder on a drop box drive so we can all access it. We have manually filled in a lot of the descriptions, have characters, NPCs and modified equipment stored. I am don't really know how to install the new version to gain all of the improvements and still keep the stuff we have built. I am terrified that I will blow away a lot of work.

Is there a post somewhere in the hundreds of pages of this thread that explains what I need to do?

Edited by Edsel62