Double Nightmare Mode - Insane!

By kyrie, in The Lord of the Rings - Print on Demand

I just thought of something ridiculous to try when the second wave of nightmare packs are released.

For "The Hunt for Gollum" and "Conflict at the Carrock" nightmare decks you could include the "Journey Along the Anduin" nightmare cards as well, as those two quests use the Anduin cards as part of their encounter deck make-up. This would ramp up the difficulty to what I would call "Double Nightmare" mode. It would be fun (masochistic) to try, to say the least.

Unfortunately (or fortunately?) the "Passage Through Mirkwood" and "Escape from Dol Guldur" cards are not used in any of the other adventure packs in the Mirkwood cycle, so you can not "double nightmare" any of the other quests (although you can alter the arrangement, of course).

I would sure like to try this "Double Nightmare" mode when they come out and put my Dwarven Outlands deck to the test. Who's with me?

Alright, now you can try it! Let us know how it goes!

(goes to hide behind a rock and watch...)

This should keep Glaurung happy for years to come. ha

Do you really have a Dwarven Outlands deck. That ridiculous, i'd love to see it.

Edited by Tracker1

Do you really have a Dwarven Outlands deck. That ridiculous, i'd love to see it.

Yes it should. Lol

I do indeed have a Dwarven Outlands deck, and it is ridiculous. It's like super-easy mode on most quests, but designed it for nightmare mode mostly. I will try to write it down soon and repost it here for you.

Yes it should. Lol

I do indeed have a Dwarven Outlands deck, and it is ridiculous. It's like super-easy mode on most quests, but designed it for nightmare mode mostly. I will try to write it down soon and repost it here for you.

Thanks, I look forward to seeing it. Your Bilbo quote is perfect this forum. Ha

Sorry for the bit of delay Tracker1 but I went ahead and updated my Outland-Dwarf ("Outlandish Dwarves") deck to include some of the recent cards (namely, Hidden Cache).

It is mono-leadership to take advantage of Strength of Arms (excellent with Outland and Dwarf allies) and Lord of Morthond (needed card draw since not running the usual Beravor or Peace, and Thought). I did a couple test runs against Massing at Osgiliath and tweaked it to the version you see here. The Outlands are self-explanatory, and Dain helps Balin and other dwarves to quest for a lot early on before you get the Outlands turning. Combining Dain and the dwarves I think solves the problem with Outlands struggle to quest and combat in the early game (though this is hardly a problem for the most part because of how quick the Outlands come out). I don't usually use this deck because it is kind of boring and over quests and kills everything, so maybe take it for a test run on some of the newer Nightmare scenarios (that is why I designed it in the first place). Enjoy!

"Outlandish Dwarves"
Hero (3)
Dain Ironfoot (RtM) x1
Hirluin the Fair (TSF) x1
Balin (OtD) x1
Ally (26)
Anfalas Herdsman (TSF) x3
Knights of the Swan (TSF) x3
Ethir Swordsman (TSF) x3
Warrior of Lossarnach (TSF) x3
Forlong (TDF) x2
Hunter of Lamedon (HON) x2