The Breaking Point

By The Grandfather, in Tide of Iron

I just started playing TOI this weekend and ran into a discrepancy when setting up for the first scenario "the Breaking Point".

The American deplyment zone features a house. The are directly north of this house is filled with forest in the board even though the scenario map shows it has clear terrain between the house and the razorwire/entrenchments.

Should the scenario map have red boxes marking overlays for this area? or is this area actually meant to be forest?

My guess is nr. 1. but is there an official word/errata on this? I have looked through the errata and it makes no comment on this.

On a different note; I am quite unfamiliar with this game and would like to read up on strategy and tactics for the game. Is there a strategy guide somewhere anyone can recomend?

Thanks!

it should be forest.

and i dont know anything about a strategy guide srry

Glad to hear you're getting into the game. I think you'll find the strategy / tactical aspect of the game to be very satisfying. Here's a link to a tactics discussion I had with other players on the old message boards. We were specifically talking about the "Crossroads" scenario, but you'll get an idea how the Tide of Iron rules translate to the simulated battlefield.

Link: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffgforums/posts/list/15699.page;jsessionid=8BE527A8CDB256CA099B35DC5A1643F4

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

I will look into the thread ASAP

I tried that one last week too the motors where a little confusing but the game was fun.