Do dice stickers come with this beta?

By fjw70, in General Discussion

Haven't heard anything and not really needed since dice are out now but just curious.

No, no dice stickers. Presumably because dice are available. The book does have a chart to use to convert regular d6, d8, and d12 results into this game's dice symbols.

Actually that would be handy if they did.

There's really not much of a need for FFG to do the dice sticker thing this time around. The dice are for sale, something that wasn't the case with the EotE Beta, plus there's the dice roller app for your smartphone. There's even a couple of homemade online dice roller sites that are free to use.

You can also download the dice sticker sheet in PDF form from the FFG website, then print and cut them out at home on sticker paper.

My diceroller page just needs the page and the font. Put them into the same directory, and away you go. It works on my tablet that way. Further, it's the only one I've seen that has been tested to work on your Gameboy DS... ;)

I had the Edge of the Empire Beta and started playing a year ago. I bought blank dice from my brick and mortar game store. It cost $21, and it took about 2 hours to put the stickers on the correct faces.

Buying the FFG official dice cost $15 and no time.

I'd suggest buying the dice.

Yeah, at this stage it's easier to either use the chart in the book or buy the app/physical dice at retail.

The stickers were great for a good several games, but I immediately and happily replaced them with the app when it became available, peeled all the stickers off my polyhedrals, and never looked back :)