Interested BUT

By elidaman, in BattleLore

Will it be as before only 1vs1 or wiil aow 3 players etc.. otherwise pointless as a second editon really dint help in one of its crucial isues. PvP is fun if 3 or more not always 2.

Anyone know to this?

1E had multiplayer rules (2v2 with Reluctant Allies being my preferred way to play any C&C game with multiple players), I assume that 2E will have them out soon.

Multiplayer would be fun, but in my mind it needs to be balanced team play. 2v2 or 3v3. Odd numbers or every man for himself leads to individuals getting focused and picked off then subsequently being left to do nothing while everyone continues to play and have fun.

kelann, I know you are new to BattleLore, but not sure if you are familiar with any of the other C&C titles. There is a multiplayer version common to most C&C games that works with any number from 2-8 on what it is considered an "Epic" board - two regular sized game boards pushed together (usually it is left side to right side, but BattleLore 1E joined the boards top to bottom, then shifted them 90 degress, making two 13x9 boards into one 17x13 board). It is still one army facing another across the board, but instead of just one person commanding each of those, the players are split into teams, with one person (usually) taking the overall command, being responsible for handing out the orders to each section on a given turn and possibly controlling units in a section of the board, and the other members of that team controlling 1 or 2 sections of the board.

In addition to that play, BattleLore also introduced a 2v2 version of the Epic format, called Reluctant Allies. This format had each army further divided into two groups of loose allies - typically an even split amongst the forces. Unlike the above described multiplayer format, in this one each of the four players control one army (for BL1E which is normally divided into Pennant Banners on one side vs Standard Banners on the other, additionally there would be Pennant Allies and Standard Allies, with tokens marking which were the allies). If P1 and P2 were Pennants and Pennants Allies, and P3 and P4 were Standards and Standards Allies, then play would alternate P1, P3, P2, P4. Without going into complete detail, the side that met the victory conditions first won, as in a regular game, but the overall winner was the player on that side responsible for collecting the most Victory Points of those collected.

No certain idea if BL2E will carry on these same formats, but I see no reason why it shouldn't.