Worst card ever?

By sammann11, in Warhammer: Invasion The Card Game

Just a fun little poll here: What do you all think is the most worthless card?

While there are many fine canidates, I'm going with Dark Zealot ( http://deckbox.org/whi/Dark%20Zealot )

There are so many other card with the same loyalty, cost, power, and HP - like for instance the Marauder Chieftan - that have a better effect/action than this poor guy.

I use my Dark Zealots as book marks, never used them in a deck though.

I've always thought Beast of Chaos was overpriced for being battlefield only.

8-11.jpg

and that measly 1 HP is brutal...

Disciple of Khaine is not very good either; the action is too expensive for what it does.

1-106.jpg

If you think Disciple is not very good look at Dark Zealot:

1-91.jpg

:D

My choice is Black Horror. Smth like early game unit control, but 2 r/t is an expensive decision.

19-41.jpg

It's ok, new high elf tactic has the same cost ratio plus it allows you to put Swarm of Bats on the bottom of the deck ;)

Dark Zealot is just horrible!!!!!!!

I'm a Chaos player and I use dark zealot when i learn to play... :unsure:
I like dark zealot cause when someone say Chaos is OP, I just reply "hey!! Do you know dark zealot?" :lol:

That I really like in chaos is put a dark zealot near a sorcerer of tzeentch and try to understand how designers work. These cards have the same cost. I think it's just crazy.

In Dark Zealot's defense, it was not a horrible card when the game was first released, and is still not terrible if all you have so far is the Core Set. Sure, subsequent cards like Sorcerer of Tzeentch are the exact same card for the exact same race but with an added (awesome) ability, but there was a time when such cards did not exist. At that time, Dark Zealot was a first-turn play, provided a Chaos loyalty, and had a beefy 3 hit points.

Beast of Chaos, on the other hand, was born useless, was released useless, and remains useless.

For me the Dark Zealot was crap from the start, compare him to the Black Orc Squad.

I never ever used Black Orc Squad.

Edited by Virgo

Sure, Orcs did it better, but if you wanted to play Chaos... (never mind that Chaos was generally bad until late in the Enemy cycle).

I never use dark zealot since i start to build deck (and 90% of my deck are Chaos).

I never see dark zealot in a deck other than starting deck.

Beast of Chaos are useless too...

Edited by Juzam66

Prepare For War is probably the worst I'd say. Useless....

After playing my first game with the Wood Elf deck, I now have a card to contribute to the pile of terribad cards...

27-96.jpg

After playing my first game with the Wood Elf deck, I now have a card to contribute to the pile of terribad cards...

27-96.jpg

I reckon I could build a deck round this card.

It will get better after Hidden Kingdoms hit the stores.

27-96.jpg

I reckon I could build a deck round this card.

It will get better after Hidden Kingdoms hit the stores.

My issue wasn't so much that it was awful, it was that everything else I had was much better. The 5 HP and ability to heal is nice, but after a certain point they would just deal all the damage to my good units and leave that one to sit. It has no power and only absorbs a few hp for the zone. That isn't bad, but I would much rather have had a more aggressive card in my hand instead of that. Especially when I drew it first turn and not much else, I knew I wasn't maximizing my hand/resource production.

My issue wasn't so much that it was awful, it was that everything else I had was much better. The 5 HP and ability to heal is nice, but after a certain point they would just deal all the damage to my good units and leave that one to sit. It has no power and only absorbs a few hp for the zone. That isn't bad, but I would much rather have had a more aggressive card in my hand instead of that. Especially when I drew it first turn and not much else, I knew I wasn't maximizing my hand/resource production.

Definitely not the worst card. I would say soaking up 5 wounds is more than just a "few"...especially since he can heal. Also, if he were the only thing in my hand,I would mulligan.

Prepare For War is probably the worst I'd say. Useless....

It could keep you from losing due to running out of cards... In extremely unique situations.

Definitely not the worst card. I would say soaking up 5 wounds is more than just a "few"...especially since he can heal. Also, if he were the only thing in my hand,I would mulligan.

Yeah, but mulligan doesn't help when you mulligan into him. Like I said he isn't bad, he is just less than stellar in a deck that has a ton more options. Most of the time I just sort of wished I hadn't drawn him. I expect he will see more play in HK, but will right now he is warming the bench. The WE's play off of developments and having lots of them, so as good as healing him is, you will only use it when you absolutely have to.