Book content half of EOTE?

By KriKKe, in General Discussion

I don't know if this question has already been raised here, but I noticed that the book has only 244 pages, which is a bit more than half of EOTE's size.

So I was wondering, if all the basic rules are repeated (which take almost 244 pages in EOTE,) how much of the content will be new? Admitted, in basic rules I include races, equipment, talents and skills which will differ partially, but I suppose also overlap quite a bit.

It seems to me that it would be difficult to make an as good stand-alone core rulebook compared to EOTE with only half of the pages.

Remember that the Edge of Empire Beta was only 224 pages - so the Age of Rebellion beta is actually longer...

A lot of additional detail, examples and edge cases were covered in the EotE core rules which weren't touched on during the beta. I suspect this will be the case with the new beta too.

You aren't getting the core rulebook experience with the Beta, but it's not just a case of rules changes. It's 244 pages, but easily that will be the exact same as the EotE Core Rulebook once they add in artwork, fluff and extra content that will not be in the beta book.

Similar to how the other beta running at the moment for WH40K also excludes much of the fluff and artwork that will be in the final version of the 2.0 Core Rulebook.

There's significantly fewer images in the beta AoR book compared to the final EotE book. I don't expect that to carry forward to the final book. Also, the Galaxy chapter is missing in its entirety and the GM chapter appears to be seriously abridged.

Ok, I didn't know that the EOTE Beta had much less pages like this one. This is comforting, thanks!

There's significantly fewer images in the beta AoR book compared to the final EotE book. I don't expect that to carry forward to the final book. Also, the Galaxy chapter is missing in its entirety and the GM chapter appears to be seriously abridged.

This was same in the EotE Beta.

That said... a HUGE portion of the book IS the same. The base mechanics of the game (and all 3 for that matter) are fundamentally the same.