Will there be future for Battles of Westeros?

By player1627252, in Battles of Westeros

I know this may be a bit of thread necromancy but:

Has there been any word? Is this game still alive or is it more dead than Ned Stark?

In typical wargamer fashion, I received this game for Christmas two years ago, and have only recently gotten around to it. I couldn't allow the figures to go unpainted, so that took a while, and other projects have jumped in and out in between. I'm just now getting around to finishing the Lannisters. I've glanced through the rules once or twice. It seems complicated but nothing I can't figure out. I would hate to see this game canned entirely. Especially since I can't play the LCG anymore...

This is about as complete as it can be at the moment.

The next book opens with two huge battles, which will provide enough source material for greyjoy & targ expansions. No idea how the rest of the book will go but it was set up for conflicts involving martell, Tyrell, lannister and targ.

I wouldn't expect any more expansions until after the book arrives.

IF the book arrives (sorry, not so much fond of mr. Martin's speed at writing, and I don't think he'll ever complete the saga. He's active on too many projects and he writes too slowly).

Still, not developing a line for years while waiting for an author's to go on with books, it's probably not the best for any product line.

(and yes, I do hope to be wrong on both fronts)

Edited by Julia

I agree Martin writes too slow, but the HBO show could also set the pace for expansions to be released when it gets past where the books have got to.

With agot being so popular I think they would have released an expansion if they could.

I think greyjoy will be next as they've had conflicts with all 3 existing factions.

We've just not had enough details in the books about the types of troops available to them.

The battle of astapor will flesh out their combat troops and give a big battle that could appear in a future expansion.

I think you're right: once the HBO series spoils what's next, then there should be a lot of material available to go on with this line here.

I think we just have to sit, wait, hope. Let's see what happens :)

I doubt this game will continue I just bought it on clearance and am ready to sell it after opening the box. The guy or gal who signed off on making the bases separate from the figures is mostly to blame for its terrible sales, from the very start it does not have a put together feel to the game, all the extra caveat rules feel as tacked on as the little men on bases, and is completely overshadowed by the new rules of Battlelore 2nd edition. Its only hope is for FFG to rewrite the rules to implement the changes from 2nd edition and to create a simplified version of the rules. This one was just poorly designed from the too small figure sizes to the endless rule lookups

Not every game has to be simple and "accessible".

Battlelore 2nd edition is a great game, but so is battles of westeros.

They just appeal to different people.

I doubt this game will continue I just bought it on clearance and am ready to sell it after opening the box. The guy or gal who signed off on making the bases separate from the figures is mostly to blame for its terrible sales, from the very start it does not have a put together feel to the game, all the extra caveat rules feel as tacked on as the little men on bases, and is completely overshadowed by the new rules of Battlelore 2nd edition. Its only hope is for FFG to rewrite the rules to implement the changes from 2nd edition and to create a simplified version of the rules. This one was just poorly designed from the too small figure sizes to the endless rule lookups

If you want to sell me your minis I'll happily take them. Feel free to pm.

I used to own the core and 2 exps like 3 years ago and sold them because I had no time to play. Recently I came across the baratheon box on discount and bought the full core off some guy.

I'm a hobby painter and a graphic designer so my plan is to continue where FF stopped. I want to build an army for Dorne, the Vale and the bastards.

So yeah I need more minis...all minis. :) the game lives on!

I only just heard of this game. It's a shame it's not really supported anymore. Game of Thrones I think is the one fantasy world that I love more than Star Wars.

On 19/04/2017 at 2:41 AM, Teloch said:

I only just heard of this game. It's a shame it's not really supported anymore. Game of Thrones I think is the one fantasy world that I love more than Star Wars.

There is a ton of gameplay content already available.

If that's not enough for you CMON are kickstarting a rank and file AGOT miniatures game later in the year.

I see a bigger chance for a second edition. The game is old, the contents are not the best quality and they must make a big blockbuster game if they wan't to have any chance against a CMON.

Hello FFG:

Please end the mystery. Is there more or are you done?

On 7/28/2017 at 5:10 PM, thanos2001 said:

Hello FFG:

Please end the mystery. Is there more or are you done?

This. I am looking for a fantasy miniatures game to play other than Runewars. I'm guessing this game is dead though and they want to sell as much of their remaining stock as possible, so they're not going to tell their customers that this game is kaput.

I just bought the House Baratheon, Tribes of the Vale and House Tully expansions at the Roseville Event Center, but I don't have the core game yet and was hoping to get into it but now realize that may be too much to ask. Does anyone in the Twin Cities area still play?

Hello!

I'm looking for Wardens of the West.

FFG, do you have a plane to print this expansion again?(

I hope in this very much(