Multiple Shots by Minions

By Gargi, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

A Stormtrooper by himself still has a dice pool of GGGPP at medium range. That dice pool is highly likely to succeed and they come with blaster rifles so you are looking at 10 or 11 damage pretty consistently. If you split 6 troopers up that's a pretty big threat to a group. Throw in a SGT and it is quite challenging.

As a GM, I would be tempted to allow a minion group to spend a triumph to hit a target right next to the one they were shooting at. Base damage of the weapon only, no successes adding. This wasn't auto-fire after all. And by right next too, I mean engaged range.

As a GM, I would be tempted to allow a minion group to spend a triumph to hit a target right next to the one they were shooting at. Base damage of the weapon only, no successes adding. This wasn't auto-fire after all. And by right next too, I mean engaged range.

That's a pretty good idea. that way no one gets a crit and it is an easy way to deal with multiple troopers at a time.

A Stormtrooper by himself still has a dice pool of GGGPP at medium range. That dice pool is highly likely to succeed and they come with blaster rifles so you are looking at 10 or 11 damage pretty consistently. If you split 6 troopers up that's a pretty big threat to a group. Throw in a SGT and it is quite challenging.

I'm confused by how a Stormtrooper alone has that dice pool.

I agree with the consensus here that minion groups work pretty well as is. Just divide them up more, or narrate the 6 troopers in the corridor shooting at the entire group when you roll against the single PC.

I'm confused by how a Stormtrooper alone has that dice pool.

I agree with the consensus here that minion groups work pretty well as is. Just divide them up more, or narrate the 6 troopers in the corridor shooting at the entire group when you roll against the single PC.

That dice pool is just Characteristic (GGG) plus Difficulty (PP).

Okay, got it. I confused the PP with Proficiency! :)

Thanks.

People on here use both the names of the dice and the colors of the dice when describing pools. Colors is probably simpler, but the proper names is more precise because boost (blue) and setback (black) colors both start with 'b'. You can change the font colors on here, which solves that problem, or adds clarity to those using the names to those who aren't familiar with them or get names like challenge and difficulty confused, but most people ether don't know how or can't be bothered to do so when posting.

If only they could add the dice symbols as a font or smiley or something nice and easy to include in our posts!

From my experience, you get more bang for you buck if you divide them into a number of groups that outnumber the party, so a party of 4 PCs should face 5 minion groups.

From my experience, you get more bang for you buck if you divide them into a number of groups that outnumber the party, so a party of 4 PCs should face 5 minion groups.

Conversely, sometimes, particularly when you want the PCs to look badass, you want to get less bang for your buck. That's really one of the whole points of minion groups to begin with.