Has anyone played this yet?

By copperbell, in General Discussion

Seriously this time last year (more or less) when they released the Edge of the Empire Beta there was a conference where the edge beta was announced and then released followed by game play of some sort or another until the podcasts took up the slack.

This time the Age of Rebellion Beta has been released but no one shown playing it at Gen Con?

They've shown video's of the next stage of X-Wing miniatures not due out until sometime next year and are playing Eldritch Horrors but no Age of Rebellion?

Is there some kind of clamp down on video announcements or are they waiting for something more official?

I can only guess from the daily recap videos that they haven't done an AOR panel or conference yet. Maybe that's scheduled for today.

I'm going to guess that Saturday is the busiest day of the con, and that FFG might be waiting for maximum exposure potential to bring out the big SW guns.

That being said, they did some nice announcements on the X-Wing game--the model for the Tantive IV miniature looks fantastic.

I believe the EotE seminar/panel was on Saturday last time, so I'd imagine the same this time.

I can only guess from the daily recap videos that they haven't done an AOR panel or conference yet. Maybe that's scheduled for today.

I'm going to guess that Saturday is the busiest day of the con, and that FFG might be waiting for maximum exposure potential to bring out the big SW guns.

That being said, they did some nice announcements on the X-Wing game--the model for the Tantive IV miniature looks fantastic.

If I ever get an Age of Rebellion game off the ground I'm seriously thinking about having the PC's using a Corellian Corvette as their base! :)

My dear friend and co-GM Venthrac (currently at GenCon) posted a pic of an AOR game in progress at GenCon, GMed by Jay Little. I'll bug him and see if I can link to the pic here.

If I ever get an Age of Rebellion game off the ground I'm seriously thinking about having the PC's using a Corellian Corvette as their base! :)

That would be sweet. My crew is working our way through EotE (55 XP earned so far) and are on a YT-1300. Maybe someday we'll graduate to the command of a corvette. Gotta find a use for that sweet model somewhere, right?

Makes me wonder if we'll see a mini scale ISD or SSD!

In other news, Venthrac ok'ed the link to his pic, so check out the AoR beta in full swing and send all jealousy vibes his way:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1147762_10201247211935177_1630220454_o.jpg

Much obliged was worried something had changed!

Edited by copperbell

Sweet looking pre-gens, I hope these are made available.

I'm digging the table cover, myself. I'd love to get my hands on a table-sized mat with information printed on it, along with the artwork. :)

The table is pretty cool. I've not played the demo, mostly as the table is full and I'd rather let folks that aren't already committed to the game give it a whirl.

Plus I've got to head over to Toshi Station and pick up some drink vouchers :)

That table mat IS cool. I'd love to see those released. I have no idea if they'd sell but I'd buy one!

Interesting. It looks like FFG feel five sets of dice (minus a single black die which doesn't appear in the shot - I can only spot 9), is the ideal number for a demo game.

So has anyone played this?

And if so what did they think?

Interesting. It looks like FFG feel five sets of dice (minus a single black die which doesn't appear in the shot - I can only spot 9), is the ideal number for a demo game.

Five sets for 5 players. Gives everybody one Force die for the session start destiny roll.

So has anyone played this?

And if so what did they think?

Yes

Its on the same power level as EotE. My group got together for about eight hours Monday, since we all had today off from GenCon and went through the Operation: Shell Game. That adventure can end up being one of the hardest adventures I have seen for this system, but that is entirely player choice on that. The group decided to be as covert as possible on that and was coming up with solutions and plans not covered by it. The time when it started to get bad was when one of the players (a new addition and someone who worships combat and bodycounts as the only way rpgs should be) decided to start fights on the station. Then it became really hard pressed for them at that point onwards.

Interesting, did it leave you wanting to play more?

Interesting, did it leave you wanting to play more?

Well I ran the adventure for the group. The players seemed to like it and probably will get rid of the "combat is the only thing RPG's are for" player as he really seemed to try to ruin their fun. I am sure everyone has had or heard of that player that tries to run everyones characters and needs to be the center of attention (like he's the main hero and everyone else is incompetent sidekicks to him) type.

It did leave me wanting to play more. As a GM I find with this system that the players don't take the antagonistic approach with me and are tossing elements my way quite a bit. They did mention that for the next session of this, that they want to try out more of a spy style story for it before we try out other ships, like the X-Wing for space combat.

The only discouraging thing with this is the fact they didn't support the ability to play Imperial. But that only takes a little bit of changes to the Duty and Motivations to make work. The classes can be easily used. Though you would have to consider the group kind of a special forces type group if you do Imperial. Hopefully this will be addressed in a Beta Update or if we are lucky when the book is officially released. Personally I think it will addressed in a Splat book for AoR.

Has anyone tried working the AoR Beta in with EotE yet? I am sure it meshes well, but just wonder if there might be some issues there.

Actually going to be doing that this afternoon.

The group is:

Explorer (scout), Hired Gun (Mercenary Soldier), Ace (Gunner), Spy (Infiltrator), Soldier (Medic).

Having the extra obligation put on hold for the group till we meet tonight, but they all made up their characters in advance.

Need to choose a way to have Obligation and Duty work together. Have a couple of options to make this happen. Will go into detail on this one later on.