[Campaign] A Dark Black Past

By Fechik, in Game Masters

I started a thread in the other forums before the GM section was created. With the addition of a second session, I decided to restart the thread here. I'll just update this thread as the campaign unfolds.

The links go to my blog and the posts are long... You have been warned...

Episode I

Simple Possession

The Cast

Act 1 part 1

Act 1 part 2

Act 2 part 1

Act 2 part 2

Act 2 part 3

Act 3 part 1

Act 3 part 2

Enjoy and as always comments and critiques are welcomed.

Edited by Fechik

Fun read, looking forward to the next installment!

Sounds like a fun game. Enjoying the conflict between the players especially.

Sounds like a fun game. Enjoying the conflict between the players especially.

That is one of the things that I love about my current group. They can have that conflict/backstabbing/intrigue between players and noone gets takes it personal and gets their feeligns hurt. I have had groups in the past where if someone acted underhanded toward another player they got so angry and upset they just just made everyone miserable.

Most roleplaying games put different characters from different backgrounds together, There should be character conflict and disagreements. Add to that the underworld, seedy nature of EotE and you might get downright backstabbing, undercutting, and some serious harm done to opposing characters.

Edited by Fechik

I like your GM'ing, the pictures help me stay interested and I especially like the GM notes.

However I didnt notice any particular reason of how or why this cast of characters banded together to form a group

Edited by Diggles

I like your GM'ing, the pictures help me stay interested and I especially like the GM notes.

However I didnt notice any particular reason of how or why this cast of characters banded together to form a group

Thanks for the compliment. We have another session this Wednesday. I can't wait!

There really isn't a reason why they were thrust together. I started the campaign in media res where they were thrust into the action and were prompted to act accordingly. I didn't really plan on or discuss reasons why the group was together. Because, at that point, it didn't matter. During that first session a few players asked if they knew other group members. I just shrugged my shoulders. If they knew each other it was up to them, but it didn't matter as far as where we started. The only thing that matter is that they were asked to come to that Space Station by the old contact (in the opening crawl video).

They are now, after two sessions, semi working together. There are conflicts but the players are semi acting like the characters have known each other for a while. With that in mind, I have a later episode planned where Act I is a flashback to where they all meet, and maybe the reasons why they were on the Space Station were unveiled.

Also, I first read your comments about my blog... Duly noted, I'll try to make it more easily navigable.

Ya, i figured out where the cast link was after while, but having an interface that was in chronological order would be preferred :)

what did you use to make the crawl?

this? http://starwars.com/play/online-activities/crawl-creator/index.html

do you have those character creation questions handy without your answers filled in, if I wanted to give that to my players?

have you considered Obsidian Portal instead of your blog website?

Edited by Diggles

Just finished another AWESOME session.

Act 2 part 3 is ready for your reading pleasure. I also updated the opening thread with a link to it as well.

Enjoy, Act 3 part 1 will be up tomorrow...I think.

too short, I want more!

Act 3 begins... but this time told from a different perspective.

Our next session is 9/11.... I hope no one takes this the wrong way as I mean no disrespect but its an odd coincidence that our session is going to be played on 9/11. We meet every two weeks so it happens to fall on that date but, during this next session the crew of the Krayt Fang will encounter the twin Twi'leks they encountered in the first session.

So, enjoy this installment and always comments and critiques are welcomed. :)

what did you use to make the crawl?

this? http://starwars.com/play/online-activities/crawl-creator/index.html

do you have those character creation questions handy without your answers filled in, if I wanted to give that to my players?

have you considered Obsidian Portal instead of your blog website?

I just noticed these questions.

1. no, I used this app for my ipad. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/crawl-creator-story-teller/id494406923?mt=8

2. I'll private message them to you.

3. No I haven't. I actually forgotten about OP until you mentioned it. I may transpose my campaign to there, but I doubt my whole blog. I have a really short attention span for games. While I do plan on running my EotE campaign for a really long time, my blog helps me talk about my other gaming adventures. For example, another friend is trying to get me to play Infinity, so I'll probably bite and write about it on my blog.

I started a thread in the other forums before the GM section was created. With the addition of a second session, I decided to restart the thread here. I'll just update this thread as the campaign unfolds.

The links go to my blog and the posts are long... You have been warned...

Episode I

Simple Possession

The Cast

Act 1 part 1

Act 1 part 2

Act 2 part 1

Act 2 part 2

Act 2 part 3

Act 3 part 1

Enjoy and as always comments and critiques are welcomed.

"A Dark Black Past," huh? Is someone a Megadeth fan? :)

Well, I was writing the notes up for this epic campaign when Sweating Bullets came across Pandora. Hearing that one line was the "A HAH!" moment of inspiration that gave a deeper meaning to my campaign and the title.

Next session is this Wednesday! WOOT!

Well, I was writing the notes up for this epic campaign when Sweating Bullets came across Pandora. Hearing that one line was the "A HAH!" moment of inspiration that gave a deeper meaning to my campaign and the title.

Next session is this Wednesday! WOOT!

Cool. I've used song lyrics as ideas for stories, too. I could see going through Megadeth's catalog for ideas - 'Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?,' 'Psychotron,' and so on. And then you've got music to set the tone, too.

Another exciting session last night.

More Thrills...As enemies from the past resurface!

More Intrigue...As Trandoshan and Wookie are forced to work together!

More Action...As climactic firefights erupt on the small planet of Formos!

Here ya go and as always, comment and critiques welcome!