When is it available?

By Leia Hourglass, in General Discussion

According to D20 it'll be released within the next 2 weeks. https://mobile.twitter.com/gmdave/status/368427160744120321 Anyone else find this rediculous?

That's when it should be in stores. It should be available through the website sooner than that.

I'd like to hope so, but at this point I highly doubt it.

Maybe they should put it out sooner then later on the webstore, because ppl are selling it for double the price on ebay... and i'm sure they will sell them...

Maybe they want to have enough in stock to meet demand...

For myself... i've got EotE games scheduled for this weekend and the next... if they want Beta Feedback, now will be the time :P

According to D20 it'll be released within the next 2 weeks. https://mobile.twitter.com/gmdave/status/368427160744120321 Anyone else find this rediculous?

FFG and many publishers often arrange to expedite advanced copies of books to Gencon. I am not sure why that concept is ridiculous.

Maybe they should put it out sooner then later on the webstore, because ppl are selling it for double the price on ebay... and i'm sure they will sell them...

Selling books before they are in stock is a bad idea, as I suspect that FFG don't have copies yet to sell. The Gencon copies are likely to advanced copies and the normal copies are winging their way through distribution channels.

Selling books before they are in stock is a bad idea, as I suspect that FFG don't have copies yet to sell. The Gencon copies are likely to advanced copies and the normal copies are winging their way through distribution channels.

If I remember right, there was an issue with stores not getting copies to sell for sometime after GenCon (well over two weeks) due to the high volume of people trying to buy the book through FFG's website. So it could very well be that FFG is trying to avert that situation.

FFG did have a huge stockpile of AoR Beta books on the table at their Exhibitor Hall booth, so that could have been all of their initial stock for sale to individuals, with anything left over making its way back to FFG headquarters to be tallied. After all, it wouldn't do to sell more copies of the book than they actually have in stock.

We must be patient. It is the Jedi way...

I, too, am eager to purchase this book. I am putting off the acquistion of Beyond the Rim and additional EotE dice until this item has been made available to buy.

"Be patient my friend"

- Emperor

Seems to be the Sith way also.

But yes, we want to be able to buy it.

Maybe our gaming group for once could put in some money together.

If I remember right, there was an issue with stores not getting copies to sell for sometime after GenCon (well over two weeks) due to the high volume of people trying to buy the book through FFG's website. So it could very well be that FFG is trying to avert that situation.

FFG did have a huge stockpile of AoR Beta books on the table at their Exhibitor Hall booth, so that could have been all of their initial stock for sale to individuals, with anything left over making its way back to FFG headquarters to be tallied. After all, it wouldn't do to sell more copies of the book than they actually have in stock.

There is logic in what you say Dovovan, **** you!