When is it available?

By Leia Hourglass, in General Discussion

I'm confused. When is it available?

At the rate things are going, it will probably be next week before we can order the Beta book from the FFG store! Since they already knew they were going to have copies of the book for sale at Gen Con, they should have also released it in their store at the same time - for those of us that can't make it to Gen Con (which is the majority of FFG's customers)!!

They released the EotE beta last year at the same time during gencon so...I been refreshing the page at work every other hour lol.

Edited by Drathen

They released it after their seminar, which was on the Saturday last year I think. We'll just have to wait until then.

Thus, to answer the OP's question. Currently you can only get it if you happen to be at Gencon. Hopefully very soon it will be available in the FFG online store.

I'd think Monday on the online store.

I won't be able to order it until Friday. I hope it doesn't sell out before then.

Yeah how they have done it this year sucks, IMO. Maybe that's just cuz I want it NOW and its not hear yet.

Yeah they sold EotE beta during gencon to by online....kinda lame..but least i work in front of a computer for a job. Ill be spamming the site till I get it lol.

I also work infront of a computer and have been coming out here about once an hour to see if the book is available online.

So why is this not available in their store yet?

I really want to get in on this BETA.....unless they sold all of them at Gencon....ugh that would suck.

Store shows 3rd quarter for availability still.

I really want to get in on this BETA.....unless they sold all of them at Gencon....ugh that would suck.

Whimper...

Whimper...

Yeah that would be literally the worst thing I could ever imagine!

the size of the stack in the the day-3 review was pretty big. hope they didnt run out.

I'd be horribly angry if that happened. Let's ostracize a large group of our player base because they have responsibilities and can't gallivant across America for a 4 day stay at Gen-Con. :mellow:

Having to laugh.. seen it on eBay! 2 days ago for opening bid of .. lol .. $100.00 and then, another was put up for $60.00 yesterday... roflmao XD

Yep, I saw those too....silly kids, Ebay is for adults.

I am as baffled as anyone else as to why FFG has not put this game on its webstore yet.

yeah kinda Lame!

Well, within the next two weeks could be tomorrow. Of course it could be Memorial Day too - but both dates are valid. It just depends if your an optimist or a realist.

So any idea why they couldn't do the same as last year?

After trying to catch their video's over the weekend it felt like they were desperately marketing everything else they're producing and in the process ignoring the Beta!

I think there was a brief image of edge of the empire being played and maybe a look at a pile of Age of Rebellion Beta books but nothing on the Beta itself.

Okay I liked Eldritch Horror but I sped through the rest including the various North American contests they were running, but still felt like Fiddleback was the only one promoting the Beta...

Sorry about that, I'm finding this baffling...

According to D20 it'll be released within the next 2 weeks. https://mobile.twitter.com/gmdave/status/368427160744120321 Anyone else find this rediculous?

That's when it should be in stores. It should be available through the website sooner than that.

I like that it appears the feedback was extended to one month to November. Gives all of us that could not get to GenCon a good chance to run the system over. :D