Loot Table

By Kainrath, in Game Masters

After posting this, I was thinking about trying to do a single 1d100 table for any lootable corpse (or object, even, like a safe/drawer/cabinet) just to try and simplify the process... but this could lead to some strange finds.
Like finding top secret imperial blueprints on a jawa...
however, that might be an interesting narrative thread...why does this jawa have top secret blueprints on him?

I don't know...
any thoughts?

I would definitely appreciate a ridiculous table like that. Dealing with the Jawa having crazy secret Imperial Blueprints would be challenging and mysterious. Perhaps it's a mystery the PCs never solve. Perhaps I wait until they forget about it to bring it back up... It could be interesting, I think.

What other crazy items would you have on the all encompassing table, other than Imperial Blueprints?

A few ideas of fun items to throw on the list.

A name list of a Rebel Spy operation.

Stormtrooper diary

<Insert famous Jedi name>'s Lightsaber.

And so on. I like the idea of splitting the loot tables into what you would find them off of. I also love the idea of a generic 1d100 table of random items.

Edited by Doughnut

For the d100 table:

Various spices

A pack of restraining bolts

A pack of deathsticks

I'll pull out the good old Star Wars Encyclopedia later and list some more random stuff from the book :)

For the d100 table:

Various spices

A pack of restraining bolts

A pack of deathsticks

I'll pull out the good old Star Wars Encyclopedia later and list some more random stuff from the book :)

What other crazy items would you have on the all encompassing table, other than Imperial Blueprints?

A few ideas of fun items to throw on the list.

A name list of a Rebel Spy operation.

Stormtrooper diary

<Insert famous Jedi name>'s Lightsaber.

And so on. I like the idea of splitting the loot tables into what you would find them off of. I also love the idea of a generic 1d100 table of random items.

yes!

these are great ideas...

maybe the way to do it, would be to have multiple columns

-one for how many credits the corpse might have

-one for any generic type of item

-and then one for rare items

i think the trick would be to not have FULL lists, meaning, some of the rolls would come up with nada, especially in the rare column

i'll get to work on this and see what i can come up with...

For generating credits randomly found on bodies and such, I use my tried and true d%. I've used this method for years. You roll the 2d10 for %. I roll my d% the ten's place dice if 5 or less it's x10, if 6+ it's x100. Then the second dice is the number to multiply. So if I roll a 23 on my %, the tens place is 5 or less, so it's x10, and my ones place is 3, so I multiply 3x10: 30 credits. If I roll a 77, then it's 700 credits. This method allows for numbers 10-90 by tens, then 100-900 by hundreds, I also use 00 as 1000.

Some more ideas

The deed to a mysterious ship (finding the ship is their own problem)

a rare corsuca gem (from the lower levels of Yavin)

Sabacc cards

a mysterious key card (to something unknown)

dipill (a sedative used to relieve stress)

fusioncutter

a flask of Gizer ale (a favorite of Han Solo)

a broken holocron

a datacard with coordinates to a distant planet

a multitool

a canister of "caf" (coffee) realy, a canister of any beverage: juri juice, blue milk, etc.

pryodene (A synthetic mood-enhancing drug, it is in the same class as pryodaseand Algarine torve weed. The drugs are generally harmless and nonaddictive, but they make a being lower its guard by becoming more friendly and receptive.) I had to include that one because I laughed audibly (or "out loud") when I read that entry in the Star Wars Encyclopedia.

a restraining bolt activator (basically a device to control and summon restrained droids. did this dead guy have a droid around here somewhere?)

a bag of unrolled t'bac (just space tobacco)

a thermal cape (metal/spider-silk poncho that retains wearer's body heat to provide protection from the cold)

vibroscalpel

Uh, these are starting to get stupid, so I'm going to stop for now.

man, these are great!
i'm working on a spreadsheet now...

Not entirely related to the loot table, but for datapad entries I've been using preselected excerpts from the Star Wars Galactic Phrase Book and Travel Guide when I don't necessarily have any pertinent data for an entry. I'm looking for more "in-universe" texts to borrow from, too.

about halfway done with the 1d100 spreadsheet...still lots of loot to go!
any more ideas? or links to good reference material?

Have you used up all the stuff in the core book? If not, I'd look in there. In the equipment section there are specific spices, tools, etc. I'll try to come up with more stuff here in a minute.

Perhaps a strange set of "proprietary dice" ;)

maybe a jeweled necklace

a locket with a holopic of the deceased's family

a holocom

hmmm....

a list of rebel sympathizers

coordinates to a hidden rebel outpost

a datapad with a starmap on it

What kind of things are you still looking for man? Can I see the work in progress, maybe what you have will give me ideas for what's missing.

Edited by CastleAlec

I would definitely appreciate a ridiculous table like that. Dealing with the Jawa having crazy secret Imperial Blueprints would be challenging and mysterious. Perhaps it's a mystery the PCs never solve. Perhaps I wait until they forget about it to bring it back up... It could be interesting, I think.

This is a VERY generic Loot Table I threw together...

Could be helpful for GM's with Players who like to loot corpses...

http://kainrath.wordpress.com/category/loot-table/

I would certainly use this, be sure to keep a few slots for finding "nothing" as well! Very nice!

When we used to play D&D, our party would often get loot lust and just pick up anything that wasn't bolted to the enemy's hand. Chipped, rusty ax? pick it up!

Smelly, ragged leather armor? you bet!

Even if it was worth only 1 copper, we grabbed everything.

Now that I'm GMing a game of EotE, I'm putting a stop to it. Weapons are pretty much the only thing I'm letting them loot. Utility belts if it's a stormtrooper. All the laminate amor and whatnot is too blasted with holes to be of any use.

When I ran my Savage Worlds Star Wars game I created a pack of loot cards to deal with when he players ask "what's he carrying?"

They had lots of items like the ones CastleAlec has suggested plus stuff like;

Data cards (for data pads) with novels or magazines on like PlayHutt and Top Speeder.

Spice

Droid parts

Badges / amulets - pop culture, home made Rebel Alliance badge, Republic Church of Light

Photos - of people, speeders, places

Packets of sweets

Odd objects - sea shell, funny looking stone, LEGO Rodian, ancient coin.

Cards - sabacc, piazzas, collectible cards from a game (used pictures of old Star Wars cards)

Cans or bottles of drinks

Useful equipment like medpac, spare blaster packs

Some of it was meant to be useful, others to suggest to NPCs had hobbies out side of being shot by the PCs

One of the players liked the title of a magazine he found on a thug and decided his character would start collecting it.

When they found a home made rebel alliance badge on a pirate they had killed, they did worry about it.

The players quickly got over the loot everything outlook and more often left most of it but took things they found useful or just interesting. Sometimes they even spent a moment thinking about the nameless NPCs that had just fought because of odd things they were carrying.

here's the new list so far...
still lots of empty space...
let me know what you all think...
thanks

https://app.box.com/s/o4jl4sb3na0d0bpukp88

Edited by Kainrath

Back when we were playing SWd20, we started up a short-lived Troops TM game that was as silly and irreverant as it was awesome.

I recall the GM had generated a rediculous table of random incidents that we would have to be called out to resolve in and around Mos Eisley.

Domestic disputes. Petty theft. Bantha stampede. Jawa shenanigans. Suspected rebel hideout. Crazy old wizard with a laser sword causing mischief in a cantina. All manner of crazy stuff.

Good times. Good times.

jawa shenanigans
indeed

Stormtrooper diary

You check the pockets of the fallen Stormtrooper and discover a small untitled book. You flip it open to find messy handwriting and start to read the contents. It's his poetry.

Stormtrooper diary

You check the pockets of the fallen Stormtrooper and discover a small untitled book. You flip it open to find messy handwriting and start to read the contents. It's his poetry.

I included "diary" as one of the items, so that no matter the type of character who's poor corpse is being defiled by looting PCs, there's always a chance of running across some crazy ramblings, lost-love-pining, boring to-do lists, and yes (as Colyer put it so well) stormtrooper poetry...

good times indeed

Stormtrooper Poetry

An Ode to my E-11 Carbine

All day we enforce the Emperor's will.

Firing bolts of red death,

Pew pew pew and still,

We can't hit anything smaller than a sand crawler.

He didn't say the Stormtrooper was any good at poetry!

ok, here it is in finished form...
https://app.box.com/s/o4jl4sb3na0d0bpukp88
but it can always be amended with better ideas, or less "nothing"s
hope it's helpful

This is a great list! Some things I added:

A piece of Alderaan encased in crystal

Gloves made of Wookie Fur

Deed to a ruined Cantina

Holographic Family Picture

A Marker of money owed to a Criminal

List of outstanding debts and where to collect

A Holo message of a mother begging for the Child to stop their Criminal Ways.

A Rebel Flyer

An Imperial Recruitment Pamphlet

An Imperial Medal in a case

A Rebel Medal in a case

Manipulated Sabbacc Deck for cheating

A photo of one of the Player Characters

A note about a Player Characters Obligation

An Autograph by a Famous Singer

A Transponder code for a Rebel Ship

A Transponder code for an Imperial Ship

Two different ID Cards

A Deed to a Slave

A Jedi Holocron (Working)

A Jedi Holocron (Broken)

A Receipt from a Pawnbroker

A Broken Motivator

A decryption key for an Imperial Code

A decryption key for a Rebel Code

This is a great list! Some things I added:

A piece of Alderaan encased in crystal

Gloves made of Wookie Fur

Deed to a ruined Cantina

Holographic Family Picture

A Marker of money owed to a Criminal

List of outstanding debts and where to collect

A Holo message of a mother begging for the Child to stop their Criminal Ways.

A Rebel Flyer

An Imperial Recruitment Pamphlet

An Imperial Medal in a case

A Rebel Medal in a case

Manipulated Sabbacc Deck for cheating

A photo of one of the Player Characters

A note about a Player Characters Obligation

An Autograph by a Famous Singer

A Transponder code for a Rebel Ship

A Transponder code for an Imperial Ship

Two different ID Cards

A Deed to a Slave

A Jedi Holocron (Working)

A Jedi Holocron (Broken)

A Receipt from a Pawnbroker

A Broken Motivator

A decryption key for an Imperial Code

A decryption key for a Rebel Code

sweet! these are awesome, man!

i'll get to amending the list right away...