Power Armour Sub-Systems Question

By DonKalypso, in Black Crusade Rules Questions

When you pick the Osmotic Gill Life Sustainer for your power armour, does this allow you to survive out in space until you starve/dehydrate/run out of power? Or do you need to have the armour vac-sealed?

The former.

Freaking awesome, I love it, thank you. Now to walk on the outside of hulls and tear open bridges!

I think it depends on how realistic you want to be. Vacuum in game (cinematic) terms also makes you suffer decompression and cold, not just lack of oxygen.

Well I'm in power armour, so I highly doubt I'll suffer decompression or sub-zero temps, it is environmentally sealed and ever powered.

till someone punches a hole in the armour lol ^_^

Which happens as soon as AP is exceeded, which is very easy to do.

Still, a great number of weapons wouldn't work in airless environment.

Which happens as soon as AP is exceeded, which is very easy to do.

Still, a great number of weapons wouldn't work in airless environment.

Edited by Fgdsfg

SMs do have resistance to void exposure -- represented by their high Toughness Bonus.

In Deathwatch Space Marine armor is not auto-sealing.

SMs do have resistance to void exposure -- represented by their high Toughness Bonus.

I'm pretty sure it's not auto-sealing, from memory you get repair cement as part of your standard kit for such occurances.

For reference, since I failed to mention this: My character isn't a Chaos Space Marine, he's a human renegade.

Then you're screwed in case of breaches.

Actually, it's represented by the Space Marine's Mucranoid Implant. I don't think it's ever brought up mechanically, though.

Huh. Can't find anything on it myself, either. I might've just been wrong, but I could've sworn that I read it somewhere.

IIRC it's artificer armour that is (sometimes) self-sealing.

The Mucranoid allows them to reroll failed toughness tests vs. cold. It doesn't do anything to decompression.

You remember correctly.

Standard marine issue includes repair cement for power armour, Artificer and Terminator plate doesn't require it.

As soon as power armour is breached (damage exceeding AP) it no longer counts as environmentally sealed. Whilst an osmotic gill would provide you with air still, you would be suffering the effects of the cold and decompression on the rest of your body (probably toughness tests to avoid fatigue?)

Hi guy's...

Well not really a sub system instead an armor custom option the chain bandoliers...

one of the pc-s has it (rolled out) through starting as a Champion i got myself a little trouble with it..

A was just gm-ing to the party charging them with an horde of killer-servitors (armed with chain-sword like killer blades)

As for rolling damage for the horde I noticed that if going with the rules power armor just shattered almost all of the killer blades (like 20 servitors) so after that i just said :

- Half the damage taken and have a lucky day...

it can be a bit overpowered (against hordes) and halving the damage taken is maybe not the best choice ... any suggestion?

I'd go with the approach that Hordes can't 'lose weapons' - in the same way 'jamming' doesn't stop them shooting - because there's too many individuals involved for the odd broken weapon to really impact them.

Edited by Magnus Grendel

Hordes are immune to the effects of being parried by a Power Field, which also means they're immune to Chain Bandoliers.

yes later i found the particular rule.....

also is ther any prize suggestion for subsystems, custom options, and for upgrades ? ( as for the infamy test -10 than the current prize...)... i usually go with an infamy test (-10) ....

In my game, I just assume that anyone with the resources to buy a functioning suit of power armor can afford as much repair cement as they need. The DW rulebook states that repair cement takes a full action to seal any breaches in the armor and requires no test.

Sounds like a good common sense approach to me.

Limiting amount of repair cement can be a good thing in certain circumstances. I've got my space marines fighing in vacuum right now an they are rationing that repair cement like an alcoholic with booze on a desert island.

stuff of nightmares is the alternative to nurgelish players for the vacuum problem or machine trait could also work (or at least help)