Other licenses?

By MarthWMaster, in Warhammer: Diskwars

To me, the coolest thing about the original Diskwars was the plurality of IPs involved. I would like to see this explored again, with factions from other war-themed licenses held by FFG: A Song of Ice and Fire , Lord of the Rings , etc. How feasible this is given the rights they hold, I don't know. I speak only as someone who enjoys crossover beat-em-ups.

Who else would like to see disks from different properties meet on the battlefield?

Though I fully support your desire to do so, I have no interest personally nor do I want my opposition to that playstyle to affect FFGs decision to release these elements. I'd love to recreate the Battle of Five Armies with a game system like this but I don't necessarily want to cross over my forces. I prefer to "color inside the lines" when it comes to my fantasy IPs. :D

I have to agree with Kelann08, I'm not really feeling a need for Game of Thrones (but then again, I hate Game of Thrones, yes, I know I'm a freak). Whatever they do in terms of other IPs, I just hope they don't expand too fast, that's what I always thought killed the original diskwars.

Edited by dkartzinel

What about Blood Bowl?

When I was playing this the only thing I wanted changed was from Warhammer theme to Star Wars theme. It would be awesome to have this game with a star wars flavor and given that we don't have a star wars ground based minis game I think this would be a good substitute.

I second that Star Wars one. Could be a fantastic use of their existing art resources from the card game.