A couple questions

By sammann11, in Warhammer Invasion Rules Questions

If an attachment is turned face down and made a development due to card effects, is it still attached to the unit? Wondering if that unit is then forced to move zones does the development move with it?

If a development becomes a unit with 1P and 2HP, and then is dealt 2 damage, does it then leave play?

If an attachment card reads "attach to a target unit. That unit loses all power, its text box becomes blank, and it is considered a development" - is there a difference between this unit now and a true development?

Last one - I have read conflicting info here: are the Sword Masters of Hoeth's card effects truly the equivalent of infinite toughness? Like, because they cannot be destroyed in combat, they can stand alone against say, 12P coming from an opponents attackers and cancel all 12 points of this damage?

[Virgo style]

1. No. Development Stays in the zone, unless moved with card effect.

2. It is destroyed and goes to discard pile.

3. It's a development. There are no true or false developments.

4. You can assign only 3 P on SMoH (additional in case of toughness or damage cancelation). But you have to keep in mind, that only combat damage is canceled. Indirect damage and HP-lowering effects still work.

3 Some cards can become faceup developments. If a card becomes a faceup development (and is only a development), remove all damage and resource tokens from it. Faceup developments are considered to have no text box, no power, no cost, no loyalty, no traits, and no hit points. They do retain their title and uniqueness and are considered to be in play.

Thanks for the answers, guys.

Virgo - thanks for your answer on 3). Let me give you a scenario to double check I understand you.

Playing dwarfs: have Long Drong's Pirates, a Troll Slayer, a Veteran Slayer, and 2 developments in my battlefield. HE plays attachment onto my troll slayer that makes him face up development. Because he will retain his trait of a slayer, then Long Drong's effect (if there are at least 2 other slayer units in this zone Long Drong's pirates gains 2 power) still triggers, correct?

No traits - Slayer trait is gone while dwarf has judgement of loec attached to it, read my first post carefully, it's straight from FAQ.

Because he will retain his trait of a slayer, then Long Drong's effect (if there are at least 2 other slayer units in this zone Long Drong's pirates gains 2 power) still triggers, correct?

http://deckbox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=232

see Judgemen of Loec part, second question.

Got it guys - thanks. It just stays face up so that it turns back into a unit if the attachment is destroyed. If the unit has damage on it when Jusgement of Loec is attached, does it stay or go?

If a unit has damage attached to it when it becomes a face up development, it loses all damage because it is no longer said unit. The development that it has turned into does not have damage on it.

Regarding my 4th question - I did some digging and found that yes, you would treat the SMoH's damage canceling effect like infinite toughness. Even if 20 damagae is coming at your zone and just 1 SMoH is defending, all 20 must be assigned to him. From the deckbox FAQ section by Entropy and Mallumo:

"Q. If I defend with Swordmasters of Hoeth, and the attackers have 20 damage to assign, how much damage MUST be assigned to the Swordmasters before damage can be assigned to my capital?
A. All of it. Units must be assigned enough damage to destroy them, including cancellation effects. Since Swordmasters cancel all combat damage, no damage can be assigned to the capital (see Combat Damage above)."