Adventure Ideas?

By copperbell, in General Discussion

If like the edge of the empire we'll have a starting adventure in the Beta followed by a completely different one when it finally comes out, what I was wondering is what kind of adventure would you like to see?

This whether in the Beta the actually release or its own Beginner box set?

1) The (very) old Campaign Pack for d6 star wars had a series of games based around Reekeene's Roughnecks and their ship the Long Shot.

2) The Star Wars Introductory Game used the world of Edan which I used to introduce some background of my own character which passed completely over the heads of all of my players especially the other two gms of that d6 star wars campaign! :angry:

Didn't even use it to empower my character like a certain someone but at least I did try to give my character a background and a reason why he was force sensitive but didn't want to be a Jedi (Family and home world glassed by the Empire specifically by a cousin who being not force sensitive decided to Thanos his entire race... and no the gm didn't pay attention to that when he turned my d6 character into a padawan... sorry opening old wounds!)

3) the rebel breakout from the original star wars d6 rpg might be a good choice,

4) My first star wars d6 game involved a rebel pilot framing the group as rebel sympathisers and we had to escape out of a Victory class star destroyer's interrogation cell... we also rigged the fighter launch bay to turn the subsequent launched Tie Fighters into uncontrollable missiles before fleeing... I did enjoy that one! :D

Okay so what would you like to see?

Something like the Wolfenstein computer games, or the bits with the Karotechia from Delta Green (or Acthung Cthulhu).

The Empire have a Weird Science unit that goes around trying to unearth unspeakable evils that Man Was Not Meant To Know from ancient dig sites or conducting unspeakable experiments to discover evils that Man Was Not Meant To Know or consorting with extra-dimensional beings or whathave you. And the PCs, as the Rebellions secret anti-weird science unit, must stop them!

The Trooper story in The Old Republic is an excellent example of how an Age of Rebellion campaign could be. It also includes a wide variety of species as companions (cathar, human, droid, weequay and gand), as well as companions of varying moralities, as well as one companion that defected from the Empire. It pretty much covers the gamut of themes for a military squad in Star Wars. I highly recommend playing it.