Will there be any new dice for AoR

By Farwanderer, in General Discussion

One question I have is will there be any new dice introduced in AoR? I would not think so but who knows what new mechanics will be introduced in the game.

We don't know for sure, but we have no reason to think there will be, and quite a few reasons to think there won't.

God I hope not, I'd rather they consider a sheet of tokens to represent characters and npcs...

At least that would be a useful addition assuming they're using this to encourage people to buy the beginner box set (Edge version).

Can you think of anything that might need a new die or two for Age of Rebellion?

Edited by copperbell

I can't think of anything that isn't covered by the current dice. I could see using more of some and less of others.

I a,n hopeful for more sheets of tokens and maps.

From what Jay Little and Sam Stewart have said, the dice system used in EotE is going to be carried across Age of Rebellion and Force & Destiny. So while FFG might repackage the dice with an AoR or F&D header, they're still going to be the same dice that you've already bought for EotE.

The fact that on the AoR main page there's an advert for the dice roller app off to the side is about as solid a confirmation of "all the games are using the dice" as you can get barring an official FFG statement.

From what Jay Little and Sam Stewart have said, the dice system used in EotE is going to be carried across Age of Rebellion and Force & Destiny. So while FFG might repackage the dice with an AoR or F&D header, they're still going to be the same dice that you've already bought for EotE.

The fact that on the AoR main page there's an advert for the dice roller app off to the side is about as solid a confirmation of "all the games are using the dice" as you can get barring an official FFG statement.

I still don't think we have any reason to expect more dice, though.

I agree there likely won't be new dice, but I'm not sure the dice app advert proves much. I could be wrong, but when the app was first released, it was just the dice for X-Wing, and they added the dice for Edge later, didn't they? They could always update in more.

Not correct. I bought the Dice App the first week it was available and it had dice for X-Wing, EotE, and regular polyhedrals at that time. Which was handy since I had the EotE Beta then as well.

Jim

I agree there likely won't be new dice, but I'm not sure the dice app advert proves much. I could be wrong, but when the app was first released, it was just the dice for X-Wing, and they added the dice for Edge later, didn't they? They could always update in more.

Not correct. I bought the Dice App the first week it was available and it had dice for X-Wing, EotE, and regular polyhedrals at that time. Which was handy since I had the EotE Beta then as well.

Jim

My thoughts:

New dice? Nope.

New packaging? Definitely.

They need to offer individual dice for sale in the online store, especially once Force and Destiny releases. I shouldn't have to buy six packages of dice to get six Force dice when I only need two packages' worth of the other dice.

I'm not sold on it yet. Yes they said that the dice will carry over, but they dodged the question about if there will be dice added later on. If not in AoR then for sure in FaD, force powers and what not.

They already have dice for Force powers. It's the Force die, and one comes with every set of dice they sell now.

They already have dice for Force powers. It's the Force die, and one comes with every set of dice they sell now.

He actually meant being able to buy specific dice so for example they could buy another set of ability or difficulty dice for those situations where they need more or have to reroll because they don't have anything that can use the die app or just the one set of dice.