Rebel Mood Wall

By ErikB, in General Discussion

Anyone got any cool Rebel Alliance related pics or movies or what have you to get people motivated?

Here we see Kyle Katarn and couple of Commandos demonstrating that you don't need to be a whiny farmboy to fight the Empire:-

BeardlessKyleKatarn-PreTalay-SWDF.png

20030101image0025re4.jpg

20030101image0016go2.jpg

20030109image0066re6.jpg

The T-65B X-Wing - the current state of the art in Starfighter design. The sharpest thing in space.

rogues_zpse723a99e.jpg

Rebel-Alliance-vintage-propaganda.jpg

RogueSquadronPilots.jpg

rebel_scum_down_by_henskelion-d4fp2pe.jp

What? Rebels scum should be willing to die for their cause... Besides, Shields are for wimps.

boom_zps2010b92a.jpg

Boom!

leia_zps2674b700.jpg

Leia: Leading from the Front!

092106military_rebels.jpg

"...and your secondary targets are here and here : a mime school and an accordian factory."

Somewhere in cyberspace is a really kewl anime of a rebel/ imperial dogfight somoene is working on.

This thing?

--

While X-Wings can't transform, I do think we ought to be demanding that the dogfights in Star Wars going forwards be at least this cool:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeoH3f5iRVY

Time to pull out my copy of this bad boy and start making conversions to this system*. ;)

500px-ROECover-CB.jpg

* Does the game engine for EotE / AoR / F&D have a name unto itself?

This thing?

--

Yesss.

Wow that space battle animation is better than the animation for the Clone Wars show. Was that a fan made thing? Lucas film should have been pumping stuff like this out long ago.

Does the game engine for EotE / AoR / F&D have a name unto itself?

I call it SWFFG.

Do we'd have WEG, SWD20, RCR, Saga and SWFFG.

Looking at the cover of EotE, it appears to be called 'Star Wars Roleplaying'. Which makes sense, since WEG used both 'The Star Wars Roleplaying Game' and 'Star Wars: the Roleplaying Game', and then WotC had to take 'Star Wars Roleplaying Game' (whichever version you like), so FFG are left with 'Star Wars Roleplaying'.

Unless they go with 'the Utterly Way-Out Whiz-Bang Roleplaying Game Based on Star Wars!!', which they clearly didn't go for. :P

I've been calling it FFG's narrative system. I guess that could be FFGN. Figgin? If you label it just based on the Star Wars version, you are leaving out it's history of being originally created for FFG's Warhammer. The narrative system of EotE is basically the narrative system of Warhammer, 2nd edition, for a Star Wars campaign.

I call it Stan.

I've been calling it FFG's narrative system. I guess that could be FFGN. Figgin? If you label it just based on the Star Wars version, you are leaving out it's history of being originally created for FFG's Warhammer. The narrative system of EotE is basically the narrative system of Warhammer, 2nd edition, for a Star Wars campaign.

Perhaps, but for most of us, all we care about is the Star Wars iteration of the system. As I understand it, the Star Wars version is slightly different than what was found in the Warhammer products. It's like Saga Edition. We call it Saga, even if it is just a refinement of the D20 system.

Does the game engine for EotE / AoR / F&D have a name unto itself?

I can call it Betty--and Betty, when you call me, you can call me Al.

Wow that space battle animation is better than the animation for the Clone Wars show. Was that a fan made thing? Lucas film should have been pumping stuff like this out long ago.

If you think that's good check out the doctor who animation he did! :rolleyes:

If you think that's good check out the doctor who animation he did! :rolleyes:

I assume its this one:-

Man, I know I am an unreconstructed geek when I realise I'd like Doctor Who a lot more if the Doctor did more Kung Fu. In the same way that I started to love Sherlock Holmes when he started using his mind powers to beat people up in the Guy Ritchie movies.

And I like Doctor Who. And my whole family watches it - my niece and nephew, my parents, everyone. So it being a family show is great. But still.

It has a name, I call it Vera.

firefly-our-mrs-reynolds-jayne-with-vera

Here we see a Rebel droptrooper company assault an Imperial held settlement during the liberation of Alsas. The footage clearly shows the importance of squad repeating blasters to infantry tactics of the perod.

Dont forget that there are heroes on both sides...

Dont forget that there are heroes on both sides...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Please don't start him off again.

Please don't start him off again.

I hadn't said a word!

But since you asked, given that I think Disney isn't going to want to portray The Empire in a positive light, it behoves us to examine ways to make the Rebel Alliance more attractive to the typical gamer.

Redesigning the average Rebel trooper so they look more like this might be a good start:-

The_Risistance_by_imbong.jpg

The Rebel Alliance do have the worse looking uniforms/armour in the Star Wars universe :(

What with the bicycle helmets of ANH and the orange rompa suits of the X-wing pilots.

Fliers in the US Navy wore orange flight suits for a long time in the sixties and seventies, and some were still wearing them when Star Wars came out. This is a Grumman test pilot in 1981.

gallery-grumman-02.jpg

e8d35c25489c94a0cc6e1c8ccf1dca380a49be9.

vf114pilot.jpg

And the dudes on the Tantive 4 are clearly not official Rebel soldiers but rather senate security accompanying Leia.

I don't think it is a million miles to get from:-

DSC_0652.jpg

by adding stuff like kneepads and tactical gear:-

HeavyOrdinanceRebelTrooper3.jpg

RepeatingBlasterRebel3.jpg RepeatingBlasterRebel4.jpg

to get to something more like:-

Special-Forces-01.jpg

pJ5EerT1Ul3qsOwwcZGcQ6vrD4y.jpg