Chapter 3 - Ancient One immediately awakens?

By [Gamemaster], in Arkham Horror League

Fact: We have 42 clue tokens left over from Chapter 2.

Fact: When the Corruption deck is depleted and a card is to be drawn, the Ancient One awakens.

Fact: Chapter 3 rules state that for every 3 clue tokens you bank, every investigator draws a Corruption card.

So, if the team decides to bank all 42 clue tokens and we have at least three investigators, the Ancient One awakens before the start of the game?

Let me know if I have this right before we play soon.

Thanks!

That or when the Pre-Game Mythos card is drawn gran_risa.gif

wouldn't he wake up at the first phase of the first proper turn?

might not be the way to go....unless you all start with magic items, but then your score would only be 3+12.

remember you can choose not to bank all those clues....

tamsyn said:

wouldn't he wake up at the first phase of the first proper turn?

might not be the way to go....unless you all start with magic items, but then your score would only be 3+12.

Not a bad idea but everyone would be devoured because of the AO's start of battle ability.

With an 8 player team like ours you can get the same effect by banking only 12 clue tokens. You don't lose before playing your first turn only if the reveled mythos card has no movement icons on it. I don't think there are any non-rumor cards in play in scenario 3 that meet this condition. If we had the next act begins cards from the king in yellow it would be possible...

Both Next Act Begins cards and Black Goat rumours include the all monsters move patterns. The only card I can think of that doesn't move monsters at all is Intermission, from King in Yellow.

forgot about the monster trophy attack thing!