Boardgame

By Matthador, in Death Angel

Man, I just love Death Angel. I really do. I've played it by myself tons of times.

But I think I'd like even more if it was a boardgame. Well, it's more board then card, I think. But it's not really a boardgame.

There is a boardgame of it, I know, but it's really a pain to find, and I know why, and you know as well. It was meant it to be this way.

But if Fantasy Flight made Death Angel, they would have the right to make a new boardgame, right? And maybe if I say it, Fantasy Flight will listen. So: "Hey! Make a Space Hulk 4th Edition! Or a Death Angel Boardgame Version, I don't know."

Do you think they will listen if more people join the cry? Am I alone in this?

While it would have been nice, if Games Workshop wanted to make 4th edition (or at least a reprint of 3rd), they would have done so already.

Also FFG having the license to a WH40k Space Hulk-based game is not the same as having a license to Space Hulk. We can only guess how much would GW want from FFG for such license. If they are willing to sell the license at all.

Well, I guess you are right. And 3rd edition is only 3 to 4 years old, so I don't think they are done just yet.

But it's supply and demand. And they don't attend their demand, because they don't want to (I think).

If FFG could stake to challenge, and they have the right to make Space Hulk-based games, why not?

It's just an idea. I thought saying it could make it closer to reality.

Even more if there are others like me.

Unfortunately the licence between FFG and GW means that FFG can't make anything involving miniatures which would provide any kind of competition to GW's own figures. At least that certainly was the case and I haven't seen or heard anything to the contrary...

Unfortunately the licence between FFG and GW means that FFG can't make anything involving miniatures which would provide any kind of competition to GW's own figures. At least that certainly was the case and I haven't seen or heard anything to the contrary...

Yeah, FFG's deal with GW to make games in the 40K universe involved a "non-compete" clause - which I would imagine is probably pretty standard when two companies are working with the same brand name product like this.

I'm pretty sure that a new edition of a Space Hulk board game from FFG would qualify as a "competing product." Even if it only had tokens or little busts like in relic, rather than proper minis, I think it would still be off-limits. Besides, who would even want a copy of Space Hulk without proper minis?

Mind you, I have little doubt that GW will put out a 4th edition in another 5-6 years or so. They definitely limit production to drive up the price tag, but if you're at all interested in GW products, I assume you're used to that. =P

Check STEAM today, Space Hulk Boardgame in a video game is out with the exact same team you played in Death Angels.

What I would really like is some kind of board to put the cards with a space hulk illustration in the background. Problem is, with 12 marines, this would make for quite a wide board.

But a Deluxe edition, with a board and "relic" style bust to use as token to place on action cards that have been used up that turn, as well as as a Tyrannid lord bust and busts for the adrenal and other special tyrannids would be great.

Finally, a campaign system, or a bunch of scenarios to add more breadth to the game. Yes, it is always different, but I feel that I am just waging endless battles after endless battles with these tyrannids. It really feels like:

We have found a space hulk, we will go through 4 locations, with 6 marines (i only play solo). The emperor protect.

Maybe have a mechanic to split the teams up into two location to get to the end faster (although it is more dangerous since there would be less support).