More games for 2 players

By jpowers, in The Crystal Ball and The Wishing Well

My main outlet for playing board games is at home with my wife, so we're always on the lookout for games that support 2 players. It's always a little disappointing when I see that a new game I'm really interested in, such as Android or Battlestar Galactica , requires 3 or more players.

I'll add a "Hear hear!" to that! My brother and I are often left to our own devices gaming-wise, and when we're not in the same town, he likes to play BG with his wife as well. Good 2 player games (and >2 player games that play well with 2 players) are uncommon. I, for one, would love to see more, and I know my brother feels the same way.

Well, supposedly there is a BSG 2-player variant. I've never played it though -- I co-own a game store, and we often get so many people wanting to play BSG that we have 2 or more games running concurrently.

That being said, it is oten nice to have games scaled down for 2 players. Certain games just aren't as much fun with only two players (Citadels, Colossal Arena, Titan...) but there are some FFG games that are stictly 2 players -- CIA vs. KGB comes to mind. I think it would be great to have a game that works just as well with 2 players as with 4 or more. But, outside of card games, most 2-player games seem to fall into a pattern that just makes playing them boring unless they are designed with 2-players (or a 2-player version) in mind.