Question concerning the results of the die

By TMascara, in War of the Ring

I have played it once and now reading back through the rules I am getting the hang of it. One clarification question I cant seem to find.

The Will of the West icon on the FP die, when rolled is it considered a "wasted" result? I only see the benefit on Gandalf and Strider. But I was rolling a lot of them and felt like I was limited even more with my choices. Maybe I missed something in the rules but is their any other way to use it?

Second question is the dual icon results (i.e. the muster/army icon on FP) Does this result mean we must choose one choice between the two or do we get to do both? I played as though it was the choice of one or the other, but was unsure since it is the only army icon for the FP.

Thanks for taking the time to answer me! I do enjoy it and look forward to playing again now that I understand a bit more. The big mistake we made was thinking an army could only be moved once per turn rather than once per die result. We also messed up big time with letting two armies attack with the army result rather than two get to move, but only one gets to attack.

TMascara said:

The Will of the West icon on the FP die, when rolled is it considered a "wasted" result? I only see the benefit on Gandalf and Strider. But I was rolling a lot of them and felt like I was limited even more with my choices. Maybe I missed something in the rules but is their any other way to use it?

A Will of the West die may be used as any other die result that you like. It's like a "wild card". When you use it as another die type, it behaves in exactly the same way as that die type. For instance, when used as a Character die to move the Fellowship, it is placed in the Hunt Box after the move.

TMascara said:

Second question is the dual icon results (i.e. the muster/army icon on FP) Does this result mean we must choose one choice between the two or do we get to do both? I played as though it was the choice of one or the other, but was unsure since it is the only army icon for the FP.

You may choose one action from either the list of Army die actions or the list of Muster die actions.

Sweet thank you! That creates so many more options with that will of the west icon!