Delaying Attacks

By KommissarK, in Game Mechanics

Alright, so its quite clear a Delay action can be used to make an attack. But, my question/point here has a few different angles.

Can a "second attack" be made during a delayed action? I don't mean an off hand attack, but rather, on my initial turn: 1AP Attack, 1AP Delay (camping 1AP to evade), then when Delay pops off, 1AP Attack. All this done with the same weapon. I don't think it can be, but how exactly are the rules preventing me from doing that.

Can an off handed attack be delayed? Most likely yes, as it was allowed normally. But to add a bit more of a twist to it, can a Desperado benefit from his special ability if he hits with the first attack, but delays the attack with the off-hand weapon?

Delaying uses the phrase "end his turn," but still goes on to say that the "delayed perform action step counts as being a part of the same turn." The Desperado rule requires the attack be made during the same turn.

The line of reasoning here would be that the Desperado is working with a Warrior, and the Warrior successfuly puts the Exposed condition on a target. Then the Desperado comes off Delay and hits the target that can't Evade.

'the character may—after the end of another character’s turn, but before another character’s turn starts—spend his remaining actions points as if it were his turn’s perform actions step. This delayed perform action step counts as being a part of the same turn in which the delay action was used, so there is not a second end of turn step for the character . ' p199

So i'd say that's fairly clear that the delay is simply a part of his turn delayed in timing. So all the usual restrictions on multiple attacks apply.

So for the Desperado:

'When making a second attack action in the same turn, Desperado characters gain a +20 modifier to their attack test if their first attack scored one or more successful hits' p47

I'd say the delay scenario you propose is fine. Desperado successfully hits with his first attack, then delays the second. The Warrior hits and 'Exposes' an enemy. Then the Desperado activates his delayed turn and gains the benefit of the 'Exposed condition'.

I could be wrong though.