Cataclysmic Questions

By Junglecat, in Warhammer Invasion Rules Questions

3 cost legends? They have powerful benefits for only 3 cost and are supposed to be balanced out by needing to burn 3 zones once played but in Cataclysm this drawback is nullified. Currently my group is house-ruling them as illegal in Cataclysm because of that but I'm wondering if anybody knows if there will be an official resposnse soon regarding this situaion from FFG?

Also, Orcs have some units that get powerful bonuses for attacking the second time in a turn. Well in Cataclysm this is so easy to do (you attack a weakly defended fulcrum and then go after someone's zone) as to be nearly automatic - a far cry from having to play a 5 cost tactic to get this benefit. Is there any errata coming up that might delve into these kinds of situations?

It's good to know about things like this BEFORE my friends and I build our decks for Cataclysm nights. So far we're loving it!

Edited by Junglecat

3 cost legend is a thing, but without you would never see Empire/Dwarf/Chaos ones in play. About second attack orcs - mechanic is not that strong :P

While I haven't tried it yet in multiplayer, it just seems like it would be BRUTAL in Cataclysm multiplayer rules...

In cataclism there is only 1 battlefield phase with 2 atacks. I have a question, what about raiders and scout units, if i atack a fulcrum from a player that is undefended and a zone of same oponent and my unit with scout or raider survives, will i get the benefit of his keyword twice?

Or BDK will make his action when declared as an atacker twice?

Well.. that renders many of those underused 5 cost legend in Legends expansion even more obsolete i guess? Glad i never buy that expansion for the legends itself.

Some cards are going to be better suited for multiplayer games while others, of course, will be so for h2h games. I would like to know the answer to the op's questions though.

OK so 3 cost legends are banned in multiplayer so that's answered. Regarding the multiple attacks - Borgut Facebeater and Boar Rider have benefits that trigger when they attack for the second time in one turn. Do these also trigger if they're attacking for the third (or more) times in a turn?

No.