Looking for Texas Players

By Rogue 4, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Organized Play

Any players in the Dallas, Fort Worth, Arlington, McKinney, or anywhere in the north of Texas, let me know.

I also have a buddy that has league nights in Houston.

Please post here, because we are coming up with some form of a rating system and would like to hold some major tournaments in the state and want to get as many people as possible.

Hey Rogue 4,

I would be willing to help teach new players if we could find some willing (and able to work around my schedule which I hope has quieted down except for Sundays). Although right now, with the medical stuff, I am two force packs and the deluxe expansion behind. But I will be catching up over the next couple of paychecks. :)

JH

As you know, Madness Games in Plano is where our group plays (we'll all be there all day tomorrow 10am-close playing EoD if ya'll wanna check it out). We haven't yet done any league stuff, but are looking to start soon. The store is still settling in to the new location which is delaying it starting.

Someone told me that its now the biggest store (by square footage) in the country and I can tell you they can easily accommodate hundreds of players at once.

Edited by Hida77

How many players you have up there at Madness? We could have a tournie there once a month. I could bring about 4-5 players (one more if it was on a Saturday, right Pat????)

Yea, we have ~4 regular people There are a few guys (4+) that come up every once in a while, but I wouldnt be surprised if they became more regular if we had tournaments. If we had both groups together we could easily have a pretty decent local environment.

I also fully expect that more and more people will play the more we promote it. We get a LOT of people wanting to check it out each time we are up there (roughly every Saturday).

While I am not able to play at the moment I will be in Houston till mid August and after that I will be moving to San Marcos to begin Graduate school, (30 min to Austin, 45 min to San Antonio), if anyone wants to play later on.

I am a beginer and all I have is the core set and all the available Force packs at this time.

Edited by Red Two

I have some friends that play in Houston. Shoot me a PM and I will get your an e-mail address so you can work out some games. They have a league night on Tuesday, just not sure where.

I want to ask this now before I return to the University but is there anyone in San Antonio or Austin who wants to play a game in late August? I will be in San Marcos to begin graduate school and the city is perfectly situated between both cities.

Give me a pm if you want to arrange anything later on.

Ill be up at Madness in Plano this saturday if anyone wants a game. =)

Anyone in the San Marcos, Austin, San Antonio area who wants to play on Tuesday's, Friday's, or the weekends?

Anyone in the San Marcos, Austin, San Antonio area who wants to play on Tuesday's, Friday's, or the weekends?

HI Red Two,

I see you were living in Houston till recently. Do you know of any active groups that play casually in Houston?

HI Red Two,

I see you were living in Houston till recently. Do you know of any active groups that play casually in Houston?

There are lots of us; whereabouts do you live?

There's a group of 5-7 that meet every Tuesday at Mothership in Austin

There's a few of us that meet Tuesdays at Dragon's Lair in San Antonio for all LCGs, but attendance for Star Wars has been on the decline.

HI Red Two,

I live on NW side, but I play X-wing at Asgard regularly, and I live near 8th Dimension as well.

HI Red Two,

I live on NW side, but I play X-wing at Asgard regularly, and I live near 8th Dimension as well.

When I was living in Houston I played with a group of people in League City, I know that you live on the NW side that may be a bit of a drive for you. But if you want their contact information let me know and I will see about contacting them on your behalf.

Are there any groups that play in Ft.Worth?

Are there any groups that play in Ft.Worth?

There are a handful of us, and our budding little community is growing.

Here is a facebook group recently made, "DFW Dagobah Denizens," that is steadily growing with Fort Worth / Dallas Players. A few of us played at Collected near TCU this past Saturday.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/720281094666516/

Edited by CowboyHatValor

I have taken a break for a while because I am a football coach at a local high school, but I am getting ready to turn it back up. I have about 3-4 players that play. Where are you all getting to gether?

I know where collected is at, when do you play there?

I play Netrunner regularly there, but there isn't a dedicated Star Wars group yet. A few of us recently found each other though, and Bryan made the facebook group I linked above. We're in the process of organizing, and anyone is more than welcome to join in.

IF any of you are near Duncanville, DeSoto, Cedar Hill, Lancaster, or Red Oak. Duncanville Bookstore is starting opening gaming and I am looking to gather some people there for various LCG's and X-wing or any other gaming i can get started.

The address is 101 W. Camp Wisdom Suite J Duncanville TX 75116

and here is a link to the face book page. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Duncanville-Bookstore/194134803951750

I'm the store manger for Duncanville Bookstore and I am the one that started "DFW Dagobah Denizens" with some help from the others. so send your friends our way.

I'm new to the game and interested in joining any Houston area games. I've requested to join the Houston Facebook group but if anyone has any further information, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I'm looking for players in Austin. I wasn't able to play much last semester, but I should have more free-time this one. The group I'd played with a couple times at Mothership sounds like it's pretty much dead. I think Dragon's Lair might be another possibility, though I don't know what SW participation will be like.

If there's an active group of players kicking around somewhere in the Austin area, I'd love to know.

Edited by alpha5099

I haven't been back to Austin much since I graduated but if I'm ever in the area, I'll send you a PM and maybe we can get a game together.

I'm new to the game and interested in joining any Houston area games. I've requested to join the Houston Facebook group but if anyone has any further information, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

What part of Houston are you in?