Sorry…...

By DocIII, in Fan Fiction

Pretty horrid looking isn't it? Yes, I'm afraid I never could get the reds quite right. I like it though. Painting makes me feel like I've accomplished something. Outside of my career I mean.

Oh well. Enough of that. Back to business. Let's get started. The hands first I think. Yes, definitely the hands.

Stop thrashing around. You'll only make the straps tighter.

Now look what you've made me do. I'll have to get a new scalpel. Don't go anywhere. Heh, heh, heh. Don't go anywhere, indeed. Heh, heh.

Ah. Nice, new, shiny. Don't you just love the look of a new scalpel, all clean and sharp? So many possibilities for a new scalpel.

Don't give me that look. It's not as if I do this for my own entertainment. You know the Duke ordered it. I'd let you go if I could, but I can't, so just lie back and try not to think about it.

Stop screaming, you'll choke on that strap if you aren't more careful. What's all the fuss? It was just one little finger. It's not even bleeding much. Not too terribly much anyway.

That's better, just stay like that. At least until I remove the thumbs.

Isn't the weather nice today? Sun shining with a nice, cool breeze. Too bad we're stuck down here.

Boiling wax. Smells nice, doesn't it? Reminds me of candles at a romantic dinner. Hold still now or this will really hurt.

Hear that skin sizzle! Oh, don't faint now! You've got to be awake to get branded! The Duke insisted! Come on, you're not dead yet. Wake up!

Good, good, you're awake, right on time for branding. It smells almost just like roast swine, the branding does. You'll just love branding.

Listen, here comes the Duke.

Good evening, Your Grace. I was just about to begin branding, as per your orders.

What? The wrong one? He's the wrong prisoner? Oh. I must have grabbed him by mistake.

Terribly sorry, this sort of thing just happens. Not very often, but it does happen. Just a little mistake, you know? We all make them, from time to time. Hope you didn't need those fingers too much. Sorry.

A typo here, a slight grammatical error in the Cogitator (but who would dare think that the machine spirit would dishonor itself in such a way) and the next thing you know you're That guy.

Such sadistic horror, a good helping of sound effects would really be icing on the cake.