SOLO Players- Solo Combat Arena for DQ

By Groovus, in DungeonQuest

Hi all, I think I have something for all my soloers out there. Im a avid game designer, and I had Dungeonquest in the 80's. LOVED IT! I didn't know until a few months ago, FFG re-released it, and they did a AWESOME job. One thing in particular I love is the card combat system. I like it so much, I designed and developed a system for us solo players. Its called Dungeonquest Solo Combat Arena. You use it when you encounter monsters to fight in a game of Dungeonquest. The monsters you fight, have a sort of A.I. or tactics that will give you a challenge in a fight. I created 4 very high quality maps. Map 1 is Crypt of Misery, Map 2 is The forgotten Ruins, Map 3 is The Dragonfire Pits and Map 4 is Ancient Depths. You will be able to download them and try it out for yourself. Im going to try and post them on FFG's site if Im allowed. I LOVE Dungeonquest, so I designed these battle maps so they look and feel like a extension of the game. I think people might think differently about the card system when you see how I implemented it, and you see your hero battling it out with these monsters on these battle maps. This Solo Combat Arena is almost like a mini game within Dungeonquest. To try and give you an idea....its like zooming way in on the room with the hero and monster, and your hero and the monster are battling it out, moving around, while both are trying to get the vantage point to unload a massive attack with the combat cards, and power cards, (Yes the monster do use the power cards) The gameplay is pretty strategic, but VERY easy to understand. Im really excited to show this to fellow DQ fans who would like a more involved combat experience while soloing. I did buy some D&D minis to use with mine, but you could easily use the monster token for the monster, and you use your hero figure on the battle maps. But, it is really nice "eye candy" to see painted minis battling it out on these maps. I'll put a link up here for the video Im going to film explaining how to play this and its debut of sorts. I will have the 4 maps ready tomorrow for you to download and try out. Oh, you will need a D4 dice to play this. I'll try to get some pix up. I really hope you guys like what Im going to show you, and download it for yourself to enjoy. I have been honestly having a really fun time play testing it, and running solo Dungeonquest games with it. Again, I'll put a link when the video goes live tomorrow. Talk to you soon...Rodger :)

Hey guys, as promised here is the link to the Dungeonquest Solo Combat Arena part 1. It went into 4 parts. I didn't prepare any notes to follow, so Im speaking freely about how to play. Im uploading the videos as I type this. Tomorrow I think Im going to just start a video, with the a whole battle to see all of this put together. I hope you enjoy. Im still figuring on where to put these maps for you guys to download. Talk to you soon! :)

I posted this is another thread by mistake, Hey all, I filmed another battle report video to explain better on how to play Dungeonquest with the Solo Combat Arena. This game went PERFECT on how the system works. The only thing that didn't come up was how to use the power cards. Basically its this...if there is any un-used movment left on the die (example: You roll a 3, the monster is only 2 spaces away, you have 1 movement left) you can pull a power card for this attack. Anyway, enjoy the battle! Krutzbeck vs. A Troll....who will win? :)

Thanks!!