Frankenwalker (armor for the zombie horde)

By Lotus, in Dust Tactics

My zombie horde couldn't deal w/ the Soviet heavy walker, so I needed a walker to go w/ them.

Posted the pics over in the warfare side.

http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/86291-frankenwalker-painted/

The idea is that it is a repaired/rebuilt derilect.

...working out the stats but so far my idea is for it to have no MG, but have Ludwig guns, Wotan AR armor, the Loth claw which can once/game act as a rocket-propelled grappler to attach to another walker and keep it engaged (prevent it from moving out of range). The grappler idea I got from thinking of the zombies along the lines of Firefly Reavers. The Reaver thing also led me to the idea of "No Core Containment" meaning that anything w/in range 1 takes damage due to leakage of whatever powers these things...just another idea purely for the creep factor.

As for the armor, I was thinking a weakness whereas if it takes 3-4 hits in one shot it is destroyed. Not sure yet. Another weakness alternative is "unreliable" where it has to roll a dice every turn and on a hit, its movement is reduced to 1 for that turn.

It looks sweet, good job on the custom gun/claw combo.

Edited by golem101

Thanks, Man!

Added a couple close-up pics w/ a commander sticking out the hatch.

Nice. How did you manage to open the hatch on the Axis Walker?

I popped open the ones in the Allied ones a bunch of times to place commanders and personnel stiking out, but I couldn't see the proper way to do the same on the german walkers.

Nice. How did you manage to open the hatch on the Axis Walker?

I popped open the ones in the Allied ones a bunch of times to place commanders and personnel stiking out, but I couldn't see the proper way to do the same on the german walkers.

I scratch-built the entire walker, so when I made the hatch, I made it hinged right from the start.

I haven't cut into a factory walker. Looks like it would not be easy to do w/o messing it up. Be better to drill a hole and make a fresh hatch. Buttons make good hatches...the holes just need to be covered or filled in w/ putty. Polystyrene tubing and wire makes for a good hinge.