Mutation and Devotion: Change and change again?

By Illithidelderbrain, in Black Crusade Rules Questions

Hi guys!

I'm not sure if this was covered. Let's say we have a psyker. Named Bob. Bob has 9 corruption and really likes the roleplay for Slaanesh. Bob has three points to Slaanesh, but one point to Tzeentch (stupid Warp Sense...blah! I bought them backwards at character creation). So Bob needs at least three more points to be Devoted to Slaanesh (and gain all the goodies inherent). But he only needs one more point to trip a mutation. Let's say Bob goes to 12 Corruption before he is able to buy the skills/talents/characteristics needed to earn the three points for Devotion.

So Bob rolls on the table, adjusts as best he can and winds up with Slayer Limb. Sweet! A short time later, he is able to buy the skills necessary to shift to Devoted.

Does Bob's Slayer Limb now pick up the traits to Slaanesh as well (Crippling (1D5) Quality)? Or does it remain a plain 'ole Slayer Limb?

Edited by Illithidelderbrain

I'd personally say that it changes at corruption treashold but it works both ways, if you ever stop being alighned to your god, you lose all extra mutation traits.

The way it's written in the book it can be read both ways (alighned characters get both effects ...)

It remains a plain old slayer limb. On the other hand, he got to roll twice when he got it, and pick the best roll.

Page 292 suggest that, if Bob really wants the alignment modification, he can ask really nicely and I'm sure that his new patron will be very accommodating in giving him the modified mutation in exchange for only a very minor task that doesn't involve baby stealing at all.

It remains a plain old slayer limb. On the other hand, he got to roll twice when he got it, and pick the best roll.

Is that possible? Wouldn't Bob have to be "Devoted" to Unaligned to get the benefit? (have five more unaligned points than any other?)

Edited by Illithidelderbrain

Page 292 suggest that, if Bob really wants the alignment modification, he can ask really nicely and I'm sure that his new patron will be very accommodating in giving him the modified mutation in exchange for only a very minor task that doesn't involve baby stealing at all.

I guess that might work. It's not really "reversing" the mutation, just adding to it...

Is that possible? Wouldn't Bob have to be "Devoted" to Unaligned to get the benefit? (have five more unaligned points than any other?)

Nah. You're 'unaligned' when you aren't aligned to any of the four powers. You are always aligned to either one of the four gods or unaligned. Most characters start out as unaligned because they don't have 5 more advances of one god than any other.