Great Game!! A few questions??

By flyndad, in Warhammer Invasion Rules Questions

Although I am certain it states it directly "somehwere" in the rules book, I am still a little confused about how the race icons work,.. I know that you need the correct number of icons to play a card based on that cards icon count located under its resource cost,... but,.. what if you are playing several cards in a turn?? In other words,. if I am playing 4 different cards and the total icon cost of ALL 4 of those cards is, say, 5 and when I started my turn I had 2 icons, (one from the board and one from a card in play) could I still play all 4 of the cards??

Another way to put it: When seeing that I have enough icons to play a card, are those icons then "used up" when I go to play another card??

I know I didn't articulate the question well, but it is the best way I can put it,. I hope you understand the question and any help you may offer would be greatly appreciated,..

Thanks,...

You don't NEED the loyalty. If you're lacking the required number of loyalty symbols, you can compensate by paying an additional resource per missing icon. So if you have two Dwarf loyalty symbols and want to play a card that costs 3 + 4 loyalty, you can still play it by paying a total of 5 resources.

Loyalty isn't used up, you get to use it all for every card you play. So in the above example, if you then played another card, you'd again have the two loyalty for its cost. And every card you get into play immediately contributes loyalty too. So if you have two Dwarf loyalty and play a Dwarf unit, you'll then have three loyalty for the next Dwarf card you play.

That explains it perfectly. Thank you!

I am VERY new to the game (only have core set) but have found it to be MUCH,..MUCH,.. MUCH better than MTG. More fun, MUCH less expensive, and the races/creatures just make more common sense to me,.. I am a BIG Warhammer Fantsasy Roleplay 3rd edition guy,.. and this card game will give me my fix of the Old World when there isn't a full party roleplay,..

Thanks again for the clarification,.. I am certain there will be many more questions from me in the near future,.. :rolleyes: