Online Dice Roller

By neilgfoster, in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

All,

I have created a new online dice roller for WFRP 3rd Edition. Check it out here:

http://www.theforbiddentome.com/rollers/wfrp3e/

I can't take any credit for creating this - its based on an existing dice roller that someone else created for SW:EotE. So all credit goes to the original coder.

UPDATE: Google hangouts integration is now working. Click the Google Hangout link at the bottom of the roller to start a Hangout with the dice roller extension

Edited by neilgfoster

Looks great ! Now a couple of requests

/ could you insert a RESET button ?

/ anyway this page could be shared to everyone in a online game can see results?

Sure, I can add a reset button.

I am looking at creating a version that works in Google hangouts which will allow results of dice rolls to be viewed by everyone in the hangout.

If you want to make any further suggestions then there is a link at the bottom of the dice roller page which will take you to a site where you can add suggestions.

Edited by neilgfoster

I just want to thank you again for this. Roll20 and Google hangouts work great for our short inbetween sessions and I know a lot of other people who need them for their regular online tabletop games.

No worries,

I am also considering adding a recharge tracking tool for keeping track of action card recharge.

This is fantastic!

Hi Neil,

Kinda hard to get all the words in the suggestion area,...

Love to see a common results display after the roll as a reminder to player and GM alike. Kind of like Gitzman's does in his WFRP3e ruleset for maptools,.. ie,.( 2 boons = recover stress/fatigue or an hourglass = add recharge etc,..)

This looks like the Best, easiest to use roller I have seen,. the ios app roller leaves a lot to be desired. I can easily see this displayed on a good sized monitor sitting at the edge of the table where all players could pass a wireless mouse,.. Very nice indeed !! A++

How does everybody feel about the number of dice. I know an ogre will probably get up to a 6 statistic at some point and my group indicated that there could be maybe one or two more black and white dice options as well.

Thoughts?

I have increased the number of dice per type to 6. If you want more, then just say, as its very easy for me to change.

I have also added a link at the bottom of the page which allows you to download a version which can be used offline.

Edited by neilgfoster

Thanks and great thinking on the offline version.

Google Hangout integration is now working. Click the Google Hangout link at the bottom of the roller to start a new hangout with the dice roller extension

Here's a screenshot of a test session I just did. GREAT WORK!

screenshot%20new%20diceroller%20for%20ro

Woah, that is awesome! I hadn't even thought of using scenery like that instead of flat map. I'm doing this. Thanks for sharing.

Where did the tokens come from?

Edited by Tush Hog

I made the tokens with Token Tool from rptools (free download): http://www.rptools.net/?page=downloads

Works great :)

I got the idea for using a scenery after playing some Call of Cthulhu games on Maptool (freeware). They would just drop on a tabletop and throw icons on there for representation. Rather than trying to recreate a hyper-accurate and beautiful map,I came to realization of why we play WFRP3's abstract system.

Stuff is put up on the screen just to give ideas, not tell the whole story and ruin your creativity. :)

jh

Edited by Emirikol

Great work :)

As mentioned above it would be nice to be able to see previous rolls so you can try to figure out an average roll.

You can figure out statistical probabilities with that function. You could also see with this dice roller: http://laakmann.free.fr/wfrp/

Nice, thanks man :)

testing. Forums appear to limit maximum number of images you can post. If you use the dice roller, you will be able to report the results here : characteristic0.png characteristic1.png characteristic2.png characteristic3.png characteristic4.png characteristic5.png conservative0.png conservative1.png conservative2.png reckless0.png

Edited by Emirikol

Great work :)

As mentioned above it would be nice to be able to see previous rolls so you can try to figure out an average roll.

My dice roller includes a probability calculator. Click the 'Calculate Probabilities' link at the bottom of the dice roller page to switch the roller into probability mode. Setup your dice pool and click the 'Calculate' button to see the probability of Success/Failure plus the probability of rolling 1 or more of each of the different die symbols

You can figure out statistical probabilities with that function. You could also see with this dice roller: http://laakmann.free.fr/wfrp/

Anyway this dice roller could be made to allow reckless and conservative dice in same pool? Some NPCs can use both.

Hello everybody,

I tried to use the dice roller from neilgfoster, but it seems offline. I sent him a message but now answer. Somebody has an idea of how I can reach him ?

That dice roller from neilgfoster was great, just great! The good thing is that I've downloaded an offline version and now I have it on my tiny page (that basically hosts the dice roller only for now).

WFRP3E Dice Roller

Please do not rely on the page. It may accidentally go offline occasionally. Download the offline version yourself.

1 hour ago, dertarr said:

That dice roller from neilgfoster was great, just great! The good thing is that I've downloaded an offline version and now I have it on my tiny page (that basically hosts the dice roller only for now).

WFRP3E Dice Roller

Please do not rely on the page. It may accidentally go offline occasionally. Download the offline version yourself.

Wow, awsome! I was really missing this Dice Roller. I'll make sure to save it this time. It's super handywhen I'm planning stuff so I can see how difficult I'm actually manking things.

BTW, the probability calculator is far from being perfect.
For example, for a single Expertise die It states probability of Success = 33%, while for boons = 40%, and comet has 20%.

It's all fine.

Edited by dertarr