X-wing flight stands -

By MajorTom11, in Fantasy Flight Supply

Any news on FFG putting out baggies of these like Wings of Glory did?

I would easily buy 100, I have 48 ships and a lot of board mods that would make 3/4 peg stands look great... FFG, TAKE MY MONEY! PLEASE!

I second this. I've had two pegs split where they connect to each other so far and it's a total pain not being able to easily replace them. Thankfully FFG customer service were kind enough to replace them for me, but would certainly be easier to just have a bag of them knocking about.

I know there are a couple of companies based in the US that do their own versions of the pegs, but I've heard some dodge reviews on them and also the shipping cost is far too high for such a cheap product.

Same here, had one split on me and although FFG were great and replaced it free of charge and vey quickly, i'd happily buy a bag of them to have spares around

myself and a friend would love to be able to buy a load of spare bases and flight pegs, please please produces some packs of them to buy, maybe different colours for different fleets/squadrons

shut-up-and-take-my-money_zpsf8b8d330.jp

That's a great idea lyama! Bases with a colored tint would be awesome for squadrons!! I'd buy some for sure!!

I'm surprised a third party company hasn't created acrylic bases and stands in various colors. If there can be all sorts of game tokens, why not stands? I guess it's cost related.

Maybe this is a little OCD, but I avoid 3rd party when I can. FFG offering their own product would be vastly superior to purchasing another company's bulk replacements.

I agree... there are in fact many stand alternatives, but I want the exact ffg stands and pegs, I don't want to fiddle around literally getting around a triangular peg and a round hole lol or mix my collection up aesthetically and ruin the visual consistency. There is a compromise on all of them, clasps that forego the pegs, clipping the ship on the stem instead... or the acrylic is completely flat with no guides for the inserts so they spin around easily... or they simply aren't tournament legal... all in all, easiest, best, more consistent solution seems to me would be for FFG to simply sell the bag'o'stems. Imho, ymmv.

I need pegs as well. I just emailed their customer support service. I will let you know.

I as well would purchase Stands and Pegs - always need extras :-)

I hope FF really considers releasing replacement stands and pegs. I could cast these and pour my own plastic pegs and try recreating the female end with a hot mold, but I would rather just purchase a bag of 10. I would even buy more card board tokens if available.

and when they do sell them coloured plastic would be nice as well e.g. imperial black, rebel red etc :)

I second the request for colored bases and extra pegs.

They should do "Faction color" stands. As mentioned above Black for Imperials, Reds for Rebels, and they could do Blue, green, Orange, Yellow, and even Purple for other factions or even use the different colors for Squadrons.

I might be late in response here but, FFG has several colored options for bases and pegs. Usually small and one large with accompanying pegs. In colors of your choice.

Also, another option would be to buy the regular, clear plastic bases and paint them with acrylic or oil based paints. Neon colors especially pop on dark colored play mats.