OK, OK, I take it all back (Sc3)

By tamsyn, in Arkham Horror League

I felt I had to put up an explanation before someone saw the score and ribbed me mercilessly.

Yes we got our highest score ever for a scenario (but still not in the 30s). We had to play it 5 times, changing chars, tactics and fighting on despite ennui setting in. We kept going because all our score had been in the teens and I was sure we could crack 20.

We played with Rita and Michael, took 4 corruption cards each. At one point someone had 10! We sealed as many gates as we could (man I hate bursters), killed monsters when the outskirts were getting full (though the 2 monsters are released cards kept coming up annoyingly). I think what made it for us was no rumour. In the end we closed all our gates with the doom track at 11. We thought we were going to be final fight munched, and there were a couple of curses about, but luckily got a sealed gate which meant we could get back from the outer worlds.

I expect it to go downhill from here on.

:) Congrats on your top score for this league!

We have not yet played scenario 3 - i was watching my friend's kids for the week, and there was no way we'd have had a chance to lay out the game without it getting trashed/lost/slobbered upon.... We started this evening, but I am exhausted, and it was one of the more miserable starts - items, skills, rolls, etc - that we've yet had. I also kept getting thoroughly distracted by the evil tv. Both Rita and Jenny knocked themselves silly going against a dark young, and we just were not doing well at all... we'll get back to it when we get some sleep!

Well done. I have to say that as a 2 investigator team we are finding scenario 3 fairly brutal. We Played it last weekend still using the +4 victory condition and thought that it was a little tougher but OK. When we realised our mistake we had a midweek game and one last night. Last night we had the longest game ever for us at 5 hours and it was grim. Shub finally awakened and watching my precious stack of monster trophies slide down Her throat was hard to take after JeR had told me that monsters used to stave off Shubs attack are spent. Well one extemely battered replacement investigator finally triumphed, but Arkham was in a hell of a state. I enjoyed myself. And what did we end up scoring with our stack of gates and diminished hoard of monster trophies?....19. We're going to give it a go again on Sunday and are expecting a hard time culminating in Shub awakening.

Has any 2 player team managed a seal victory with this scenario?

we got 19 the first 4 times, it seems to be the score.

we only managed to seal 4 max, the gate bursters put paid to any more.

Our usual plan is to tool up for the final fight, not really an option with this sc.

sulphurea said:

Well done. I have to say that as a 2 investigator team we are finding scenario 3 fairly brutal. We Played it last weekend still using the +4 victory condition and thought that it was a little tougher but OK. When we realised our mistake we had a midweek game and one last night. Last night we had the longest game ever for us at 5 hours and it was grim. Shub finally awakened and watching my precious stack of monster trophies slide down Her throat was hard to take after JeR had told me that monsters used to stave off Shubs attack are spent. Well one extemely battered replacement investigator finally triumphed, but Arkham was in a hell of a state. I enjoyed myself. And what did we end up scoring with our stack of gates and diminished hoard of monster trophies?....19. We're going to give it a go again on Sunday and are expecting a hard time culminating in Shub awakening.

Has any 2 player team managed a seal victory with this scenario?

It shouldn't be a problem... Just take 12 clue tokens to start off with. You'll be able to get a seal victory in a few tries.

we took 12 and it isn't that easy, what with gate bursters.

tamsyn said:

we took 12 and it isn't that easy, what with gate bursters.

I didn't say in *one* try ;')

do you have a life? :)

I must say congrats! We've played it twice, and twice we have gotten "The Terrible Experiment". The second time through thre was absolutely no one who could go take care of the rumor and it ran out of control, and the terror level went to ten. Both times, Shubby awoke. The second time, there was only one magic weapon, and the spellcasters didn't have the sanity to cast.

We settled with a 7 for the scenario...which was the better of the two scores...

tamsyn said:

do you have a life? :)

I have Arkham :')

(But really, yes).

I'm sure you (think you) do pet gran_risa.gif

If sitting on Arkham Horror forums to torment Dam isn't a life, I don't know what is ;')

ooh is tormenting Dam a new game? beso.gif

My favorite game :')

excellent, what are the rules?

From what I can tell:

1. Like anything at all that has to do with Kingsport.

2. Hate on Sister Mary.

Avi only has to do the first one.

We completed scenario three tonight, after several resets. We had been trying it with two corruption cards each, for 6 clue tokens, because I failed to talk them into three each. However, the games each fell through with really bad luck on corruption cards. On one, we ripped through the greens in four turns and got one guy devoured by Vessel of the Mythos. So, that wasn't working for us. Tonight, we tried it with no corruption cards or clues to start. We were hurt by extremely tough monster draws, (Drowning in Gugs!) but Pete, Jenny and Mark pulled it out. Not a very high score, and we probably won't try it again, but it was a very fun game, and we were lucky. Oddly, we still got a little screwed on corruption from a wayward encounter.