Government Exorcist

By Robert Blake, in CoC Rules Discussion

Hi, I've got a question:

Text on Government Exorcist says "After Government exorcist commits to a story on your turn, choose an opponent's card with a (terror truggle) icon. That character cannot commit to the same story as Government Exorcist".

If I got three copies of Government Exorcist, and I commit them to the three stories, may the three opponent's cards I choose commit to any of the stories, since there are one card (GE) with the same name in each of them?

Thanx

I'm not entirely sure, but I think the card basically says "... that character cannot commit to the same story as [this character]." instead of"... that character cannot commit to the same story as any Government Exorcist.".

So if they have 3 Hungry Dark Youngs in play and you commit your 3 Exorcists to 3 stories, they could still oppose you at stories.

Bard said:

I'm not entirely sure, but I think the card basically says "... that character cannot commit to the same story as [this character]." instead of"... that character cannot commit to the same story as any Government Exorcist.".

So if they have 3 Hungry Dark Youngs in play and you commit your 3 Exorcists to 3 stories, they could still oppose you at stories.

Bard's explaination is correct. When a card refers to itself by name, it only works for that specific copy.

In case it works differently it would read "That character can't be committed to the same story as characters named Goverment Exorcist."

Ok, just as I figured out. Thank you very much.