Couple questions about neutral cards and story alterations

By Pvthudson01, in CoC Rules Discussion

1) Can neutral cards be played as resources or can resources only be a card with a color icon

2) Why would you want to attach three icons to a story? I don't understand the purpose. There is a card in one of the decks that attaches 3 terror icons to a story. Why?

3) if a card strips toughness off everyone committed to a story, and a character is there that has toughness and one wound does that character die instantly because toughness is removed?

4) the greater deep one causes a wound to all other characters when he is committed to a story. If he commits in his action phase and I move someone in to commit as the defensive player I would NOT take a would correct? Because when the Deeper One committed at the time there was no one else there.

Also if he commits and and brings a fellow character with him on his side do his own characters take wounds?

1) Yes, they can be resourced. The only disadvantage is that do not provide a resource type match.

2) These cards add additional struggles to a story. So, if you are likely to win the terror struggle, it might make sense to attach it to a story since you could then drive up to four opposing characters insane (one for each terror struggle).

3) Yes.

4) Correct on both counts.

Oh I see so extra icons force you to do 4 rounds of a terror struggle. Interesting