EotE Core Rulebook Errata

By player266669, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

EotE page 255 - The Syliure-25 hyperdrive sled "Designed to add hyperspace capabilities to smaller ships without hyperdrives." It gives a class 2 hyperdrive to a sil 3 ship, good for five jumps.

hyperspace rings could use better definition. saying that they have 5 uses seems a bit odd. i mean, having only 5 pre-programmed jumps makes a bit more sense, especially it the ship doesn't have an astromech to program them. but 5 jumps before non-use at a cost of 10,000 credits does not seem very cost effective for any consumer. i mean, for the supplier it makes sense, as it causes the consumer to buy more... but who would buy such a costly hyperdrive for so few uses?

"we could almost buy our own ship for that much. we don't have to sit here and take this"~ luke skywalker

Hmm that does seem a bit silly. However, Reading that it just makes me think the fuel tank can only be used for 5 jumps. After that you will have to fill'er'up. Normal ships have the "Consumables" to limit how long they can travel free space before making a stop. I believe this follows the same behavior forcing the user to come back for a refresh.

Hi there, just picked up the Core Rulebook (finally) and found a couple of errors (I think) in the Adversary section:

1) pg 402: Corporate Sector Authority Security Viceprex.

I think the Defense values are wrong based on the equipment. From the description of the Personal Deflector Shield, the Defence bonus should probably be 0 Melee / 2 Ranged, but the Viceprex's Defense box shows 2 Melee and 0 Ranged.

2) pg 406, Black Sun Vigo

Here the text for the Crippling Blow talent reads "may increase damage of check by 1.", but form the description of the talent on pg 133 it should instead read "may increase difficulty of check by 1".

3) pg 412. Forsaken Jedi

Similar error I think as with the Viceprex....with Defensive 1 and Deflection 2 qualities on the Lightsaber the Defensive values should be 1 Melee and 2 Ranged, but the statblock shows as 2 Melee and 1 Ranged.

Thanks for the game. Slightly late to the party, but can't wait to get stuck in.

Edited by pinstrum

Looking for clarification:

On pg176 of Force and Destiny a Basic Lightsaber contains "an unmodded Ilum lightsaber crystal" taking up two of the five hardpoints.

Whereas in Edge of the Empire the Lightsaber has 0 hardpoints.

So does this mean that a modded lightsaber crystal takes up more hardpoints? Assuming the the Edge of the Empire lightsaber contains a heavily modded Ilum crystal.

Edited by SilindeT

If you have questions to ask the developers, you don’t post them here — the developers don’t have time to read the forums.

Instead, you send them an e-mail message using their website, and you wait for an e-mail response.

If you would like to share their response with the community, you can do that in the thread at https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/108101-ffg-developer-answered-questions/

Looking for clarification:

On pg176 of Force and Destiny a Basic Lightsaber contains "an unmodded Ilum lightsaber crystal" taking up two of the five hardpoints.

Whereas in Edge of the Empire the Lightsaber has 0 hardpoints.

So does this mean that a modded lightsaber crystal takes up more hardpoints? Assuming the the Edge of the Empire lightsaber contains a heavily modded Ilum crystal.

First off, when I see a discrepancy between EoE and F&D, I'd lean toward F&D since it was printed more recently. Especially since they aren't very forthcoming with up-to-date errata, unless you're proficient in forum searching for random blurbs here and there.

I suspect they didn't allow any extra hardpoints to the EoE Lightsaber, b/c they didn't know what they were going to do with them yet. That's also why the description for Lightsabers in EoE says that nobody can take the Lightsaber skill, and any users must wield it Untrained. EoE is all about Han Solo / Boba Fett type people running around. If they happen to get a Lightsaber, they're probably just going to use it to cut open a Tauntaun or something. ;)

F&D added all the Lightsaber appropriate accessories, which is subsequently why the math starts to make more sense.

Since you appear to have access to both books, just use the math in F&D.

Guarded Stance p. 201: in EotE guarded stance grants "melee defense 1", but in FaD it's "melee defense +1". Does it provide a static defense or an increase?

Guarded Stance p. 201: in EotE guarded stance grants "melee defense 1", but in FaD it's "melee defense +1". Does it provide a static defense or an increase?

Defense rules are under revision, we don't know when they'll drop. Go with the F&D book, as it's newer.

Yellow text was a terrible idea... Anyone else only able to read it after selecting the text? lol

Yellow text was a terrible idea... Anyone else only able to read it after selecting the text? lol

It works fine if you use the old “dark” color scheme.

If you use the new “light” color scheme, then yeah — that would be a problem.

Are there new/updated errata files for the EotE, AoR and FaD?

Hi everyone,

I don't know if all of you are aware, but there is a new errata available ( v2.0, 11/20/2017) .

It includes Defense setback dice cap (4). Quoting for the errata:

There are two sources of defense: sources that stack, and sources that do not stack. You can think of this as sources that provide defense, and sources that increase defense.

“Sources that provide defense (such as most armor) list the defense provided as a number, or say that they ‘provide’ defense. Some examples include: Armor, Cover, Certain talents, Guarded Stance maneuver"

“These sources do not stack with each other. If a character could benefit from more than one of these sources of defense, the player chooses the best one.

“However, other sources increase defense. These sources say they ‘increase’ defense, or they list the defense provided as a number with a ‘+’ sign in front of it. These sources of defense stack, both with each other and with any sources that provide defense.

“If multiple sources that increase defense would in- crease a character’s defense higher than 4, the rating remains at 4.

The Headhunter text mentions it was made in the Clone Wars. They've been well established as being around since at least 31 BBY.

Collapse of the Republic
Pg. 27, under "Nobody's Fool"
" May upgrade difficulty of incoming Charm, Coercion, or Deception checks once per rank of Nobody's Fool. "
Shown as a red active talent while other trees in the same book show it as a blue passive talent, this implies that the Jedi masters chose to ignore the dark side under their noses as the verbage used May ... while no other entry on the talent has this wording .
Pg. 38, under "Death from Above"
"Ranked : Yes"
There is no other wording that this is a ranked talent and there is only one rank.
Tim Cox's reply
"Thanks for your question! These are both errors—Death from Above is not a ranked talent, and Nobody’s Fool is a passive. We will correct these in future printings!

You make a good point about the oddness of Nobody’s Fool appearing as a passive talent for the Jedi Master, and the potential ramifications! It’s a very odd error, but surely it doesn’t speak to any sort of Sith influence on the product… "

Edited by Eoen

In Dangerous Covenants, page 61, there seems to be an artifact of a previous page format or something for the Jamming missile.

This countermeasure follows but does not attempt to impact the target vehicle. Instead, it fires a jamming beam at the vehicle ( see Jamming Beam, below ). If the initial combat check is successful, the missile follows the target at close range for one round per...

However there is no separate area for the Jamming Beam, it just continues on in the next sentence describing what it does without ever referencing a jamming beam by name again, meaning that pointer text does not point anywhere at all. My best guess is that there may have been a dedicated weapon or some other thing that also used a Jamming Beam, and the text wasn't changed when they took the sidebar out and merged the mechanics text into the missile block.

Unlimited Power, page 52.

Once, when making a combat skill check, they may re-roll one [ability] of their choice. Using Discipline leaves them with the Purpose of the Warrior, whose
devotion and tenacity overcomes all obstacles. The may remove [setback] on a single skill check that they make.

I assume the bolded word is intended to be "They"