Path of the Eldar

By Targetlock, in Only War House Rules

Hi forum

So i was looking at the Only war rulebook and the new warhammer 40,000 eldar codex and an idea hit me. why not use the speciality, appitude options to create a craftworld eldar supplement for player characters? :)

Hopefully have each of the craftworlds as a starting homeworld then choose a specialilty

Craftworlds: Biel-Tan, Ulthwe, Saim-Hann, Alaitoc, Iyanden, Exodite?

Specialities: Guardian, Ranger, Warlock, Dire Avenger, Howling Banshee, Striking Scorpion, Fire Dragon, Swooping Hawk, Dark Reaper, Warp Spider,

Do you reckon this could work? ay suggestions, ideas or comments would be helpful. hoping to post this up here when published to share :)

P.S personally i also reckon this should be the next logical step for the warhammer 40,000 roleplays either this or orks :)

Orkz is already done some in the Rogue Trader games.

I'm personally rooting for more Eldar fluff and ruleset, as one of the other 40K systems have Dark Eldars detailed (Can't remember if it's rogue trader or BC - but likely rogue trader)

In general however, Fantasy Flight games should make a 2nd edition and unify their various rulebooks into a base book everyone would purchase, with each system (Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, Etc.) as it's own addon so that each system had a unified system as the base. It would also make using Erratas easier.

But yeah, I'd be interested in seeing what you come up with.

If I may indulge in Necromancy, this is something I think I would very much like to explore, and managed to find some foundation work on in a Dark Heresy -> Only War conversion pack someone was putting together.

I'd link it here but I don't seem to be able to so, when I have a little more time, I'll type up what they already have and start figuring something out.