How is this game?

By gf_ripper, in Age of Conan

I am on the wall with this game and not sure if I should get it. I want to because I love conan, but you don't play as conan, so I wondering how is it? Is it fun?

Do you enjoy the world Conan journeys in?

I think if you enjoyed the Conan stories that involved him with the Bigger nations and their wars, where he's involved in leading them, or with their intricacies of politics and war you could enjoy this game ALOT, if you are just basing it off of theme.

If you are more into the stories where he's more on his own against a small set of people, or a design of a single character...it may not have as big an appeal.

I suppose it's a matter of whether you merely enjoy Conan, or if you enjoy the entire setting that Conan is set in.

If actual gameplay is a concern, that's a lot harder to say.

I really like the world of conan and I like war games. I guess I will jsut go with my original instinct and pick it up but I was hoping to get more info from people who played.

I too am undecided about this game. I'm intrigued but.... Here's the link to the BoardgameGeek page if you're interested. I have checked the 'Personal Comments' section for some input. BGG: Age of Conan .

After the first play most of the players enjoyed it quite a bit but one felt it was "a bit too busy" but is willing to play it again. He thought there were too many things going on in the game but the rest of us thought it meshed together well enough, one example being the Crom tokens which may or may not be a factor in the overall victory of the game. When I heard the game would use the dice action system like War of the Ring it became a must buy for me. The rules were well written and the game was quick to learn to play. I don't see any one strategy becoming commonplace with each game due to the variety of where Conan moves and what the objectives happen to be.

I've only played a couple of times, but I like the game a lot so far.

I only played once. Everyone in the game really enjoyed it and are planning to play again soon. Even though you don't play as Conan, it was fun and advantageous being able to command him in battle.