Fanimé 2009!! - We're taking the KH TCG there! [Go on, take a peek, you know you want to]

By Trothael, in Odds & Ends

Right, it's nearly time for Fanimé again! And I'm wondering if anybody else from these boards is attending? If you don't know what Fanimé is then follow this link: www.fanime.com

Once again, both myself and Gopho will be travelling across the continental border just for this convention! So I hope we can meet up with some old friends again ^_^

And, some other important news concerning the convention: I've been speaking with Jaffer, and it looks like we may be able to host a KH TCG tournament and demo booth for FFG since they themselves will not be able to make it, unfortunately. Since just me and Gopho can't manage this purely on our own, we're looking for a couple of volunteers who will be attending the convention and don't mind giving up an hour or two to promote the KH TCG! We're still waiting for confirmation from Jaffer, but from speaking to him earlier in the year/last December we should have the go-ahead!

[EDIT] - Jaffer emailed me back and we have the go-ahead! WOO!

So, who else is attending? Does anybody else want to help out with the KH booth? Discuss!

well I'm definatly going again this year. good to hear you two will be aswell (thought for sure you'd go for the AX instead...)

Depending on what day it is, I'd probably be glad to help. Only reason I'm not 100% for it is because on Saturday of last years Fanime we played in a Naruto TCG tournament...NEVER AGAIN

And would this be "official" demoing, or just us kiddies putting up some signs encouraging people to play us?

Jaffer just gave me the go-ahead to do this. He's sending us demo/promo stuff to do this. We're bloody well doing this!

This promotion work is being organised by us, so it's not 100% official but we are doing it because FFG can't make it themselves. We're in the process of booking a booth so we will actually have somewhere to work from for the day, but everything is pretty much down to us. As for posters and whatnot, I won't know if we'll be making them ourselves or not yet (My promo package is yet to arrive).

But anyway, all help is appreciated, as are all contributions and ideas!

well i cant go >-< once again i live in canada and i cant drive .

finalform13 said:

well i cant go >-< once again i live in canada and i cant drive .

That's no excuse :P I've got an ocean to cross, and the majority of a country as well. Good ol' air-based traffic.

Trothael said:

Good ol' air-based traffic .

you mean lack-there-of ^_^

I'd definatly be in if we're doing some of the special effect tournaments. Like Neverland...I never did get to play Neverland format.

We can if we want. ALL the planning is down to us ^_^ I'd like to run some demo stuff, some basic format and then a special format tournament.

Err...err...Sorry for the double post and everything but I have some bad news...

Unless I can find someone with a spare bed/space in their accomodation for the weekend, I won't be able to get to Fanimé as the rest of my party have all pulled out due to fiscal problems, and I can't afford a hotel for that many days on my own T_T

wish I could help, but I'm barely paying for my own room. best advice I have for ya is to go onto the actual Fanime forums as I think there are some people making offers to share rooms

I am doing now ^_^ I may of found something already!

Trothael said:

I am doing now ^_^ I may of found something already!

Fanime sounds cool. I'll try to make it although i'm already going to gen con and origins. although my hotel and badge for origins is free XD. i'm running a draft, demo, and standard tournament at origins XD

Sounds good man ^_^ I've got a few cons lined up as well this year (This time it'll be me following ReCon around...)

I've set aside everything for my trip to America, now to make the decision to go or not...

Trothael said:

Sounds good man ^_^ I've got a few cons lined up as well this year (This time it'll be me following ReCon around...)

I've set aside everything for my trip to America, now to make the decision to go or not...

I really hope you can go! I'm so sorry! Oh, I can't go. California is a very long way away from Ohio. Dinky little Ohio -.-

I didn't go (Considering it started the other day...) after all.

I'm already in debt, and I don't want to get a couple hundred quid more in debt just to celebrate my birthday.

Trothael said:

I didn't go (Considering it started the other day...) after all.

I'm already in debt, and I don't want to get a couple hundred quid more in debt just to celebrate my birthday.

I'm sorry :/

Aww, poor Truffles T_T

Sorry to hear you couldn't make it stateside for Fanime' sir....maybe you should consider GenCon sometime...I bet it's A) Cheaper, and B) ALWAYS officially sponsored by FFG as they NEVER miss a GenCon, lol.

Aye, 'tis a shame. I will go next year instead, hopefully my fiscal situation will of changed positively by then. If the Father and the Mother hadn't decided to screw up my cash rather epically then I would of attended.

And I probably won't be attending GenCon over there as we have our own GenCon :P Though I may drag myself there one year so I can meet up with everyone.

Trothael said:

Aye, 'tis a shame. I will go next year instead, hopefully my fiscal situation will of changed positively by then. If the Father and the Mother hadn't decided to screw up my cash rather epically then I would of attended.

And I probably won't be attending GenCon over there as we have our own GenCon :P Though I may drag myself there one year so I can meet up with everyone.

Well yeah....I mean, ours is better cause we all attend this one. ^_^