Hidden Kingdoms - new expansion!

By Virgo, in Warhammer: Invasion The Card Game

"Wild Groove - Order only. You may play card from your discard pile as developments (as if they were in your hand)." Does playing devs from your discard pile trigger effects like mining tunnels then ("When you play a dev from your hand...")? It should do so, i guess. But i was not sure.

I think so.

@gr4ffi - i believe it does trigger all the effects "when you play dev from your hand". (as if they were in your hand) part suggest that.

@sammann11 - it's a pity that ffg treats WHI like that ;) they started articles about new races in HK - and didn't manage to finish that up - it's not that hard to put few lines together with pictures. No annoucement about HK release is another example of poor treatment.. but well - seems like Invasion has died in US already.

Edited by Rodzyn

seems like Invasion has died in US already.

Not completely ;)

I picked up hk this past friday. Lizardmen are pretty awesome! Our groups initial skaven builds fell a little flat.

Edited by Kaine82

seems like Invasion has died in US already.

Not completely ;)

I picked up hk this past friday. Lizardmen are pretty awesome! Our groups initial skaven builds fell a little flat.

Well it isn't dead with my group either. I picked up my Hidden Kingdoms from my flgs a couple of days ago. After playing 4 player Cataclysm last night - EPIC - we all looked through the HK box and had our minds blown by the coolness contained within.

One of my friends is a hardcore Skaven fan and plays them very well. When I looked at the new Skaven cards my skin crawled as I wrapped my head around how much more potent those hideous rat will be now. Kaine - concerning your playgroup's initial lackluster Skaven builds - that doesn't surprise me. My friend the Skavenmaster let me use a Skaven deck that he's used before with terrifying effectiveness. In my hands it did NOTHING. It seems to me that Skaven have their own brand of finesse that some people - such as I - have a hard time mastering.

Edited by Junglecat

From the Hidden Kingdoms release article:

The release of the Hidden Kingdoms deluxe expansion marks the end of FFG’s development of new content for Warhammer: Invasion The Card Game.

Well, ain't that a kick in the teeth. :-/

Edited by Kirath

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

geez. i hoped my words weren't true, and yet after the best deluxe expansion ever, they killed this project. money is a crime.

I built new WE, Skaven, and Lizard decks tonight in preperation for my bro coming into town (we usually play via skype).

Junglecat - I'm with you. I must lack what it takes to play skaven - I did not too to well when I playtested it against my Orc Rush deck.

Lizardmen felt like the best to me of the 3

I wanted more out of the WE...Thought they'd play better than they did (with 2 playtested games). I was already looking forward to improving them with the next expansion (though with the news of cancellation I guess I better not hold my breath - ****!).

Edited by sammann11

Can't believe the pulled the plug so quickly :blink:

New mechanisms like "raider" and "ambush" hardly a cycle old, the "new" factions just released (with no future expansions to be fleshed out), and then... The End.

I was very thrilled about the new possibilities from the recent releases, but that is now very disapointing.

FFG is ending Warhammer: Invasion and will not develop any new content to that game. Is this a sign of the end times or a dawn of a new era? From my point of view it could go two ways. One FFG will drop the Warhammer Fantasy licence and stick only with W40k. But looking at the plans for releasing Warhammer: Discwars more propably they will stay with all warhammer worlds. So maybe the end of W:I is a sign for a new game set in Warhammer fantasy, maybe a new card game (a card version of Warhammer Quest or something new). Maybe not a card game but something completly new in design. The future will tell, but one thing is sure - something is starting to go on in FFG regarding Warhammer Fantasy setting. They are not releasing anythng new for WFRP and now they ended W:I. Maybe we will see a new edition of Warhammer Quest but without minatures or with plastic sculps (like those from Relic). I started a petiiotn on WFRP forums for a cooperative game set in WF amybe FFG will develop something like that.

Why? So bad had sales cataclysm ? Have left decks undead and wood elves with only 1 legend almost no cards to make two different decks , I see other lcg going forward and this cerrado.Espero tell us why this decision

I am really disappointed. First FFG announces they only will make deluxe expansions. Then they create (in a hurry) cataclysm and hidden kingdoms. And announces they will stop creating more WI and stops supporting the game.

I think the new “capital boards” are crappy (why couldn’t they make them like they could with high/dark elfs capital boards?). In addition, some of the card (like ruinations of cities) does not seem like they have been playtestet.

Not to mention all the new creative themes (fx. ambush, raider) and cards I would have liked to build a deck around. It’s really a shame that not going to happen – unless FFG will rethink their decision. ;-)