2 Dark knights or 2 batlle cry

By CroOrc, in Rune Age

Am I playing this right?

For example… I play 2 dark knights, 2 battle cry cards and 2 reanimates.

I count it like this:

2x Dark knight = 6 strength

2x Reanimate = 2 strength

2x Battle Cry = 4 units * 2x Battle Cry abilitiy = 8 strength

2x Dark Knight ability = 3 units (not including that dark knight) * 2x dark knight ability = 6 strength

SUM TOTAL: 22 strength

If this is true… I think Unded are OP…

Please quick answer… Unded is pwning us :)

To simplify my question…

Is it possible to gain double effects from battle cry or resolution abilities like dark knight's?

Or you can get only one effect per card?

2 battle cry and 1 reanimate = 3 or 2?

I belive your calculations in the first post are correct. If you have 2 copies of Battle Cry and you play both of them, you get the bonus from each. Dark Knights also each get their own bonus. But how likely is it to draw a hand like that? First off, Dark Knights cost 5, and in my experience those don't get purchased too often. Second, he had to draw a hand of 2x Dark Knight, 2x Battle Cry, and 1x Reanimate, plus he needs a Reanimate in his discarad pile. Also, he probably has a few gold haning around that he used to buy the Dark Knight.

One trick against Waiqar the Undying is to wait until that player has to reshuffle and then attack when his discard pile is empty. It doesn't always work, but it might give you a leg up. Also, it works best if everyone teams up against him, which isn't too fun for the Waiqar the Undying player.

I wouldn't say this faction is overpowered. In my group, the Daqan Lords always seem to get the upper hand.

Thank you for this clarification :)

2x battle cry + pikemans work great too then.

Page 2 of FAQ was confusing for me…

Q: Are the “Naga” and “Demon” only able to trigger
their effects once due to the “ once per card per
round ” rule of abilities?
A: No. The “once per card per round” rule only applies to
abilities with the When Played, Resolution, End of
Combat and Action keywords
That sounded like you can use battle cry (and cards like it) once per fight… Thats why I thought combo isn't possible

I love this great game and I don`t have much trouble with the rules but I have two questions:

Could anyone explain with an example the "once per card per round" rule?

With dragon Kraxonis, after defending his attack and before drawing the corresponding event card you should draw up to 5 cards right? the rulebook states it`s at the end of the event phase but I was just wondering if this was reinterpreted?

Could anyone explain with an example the "once per card per round" rule?

So the once per card per round rule literally means "per card" and not "per type." Basically, it is clarifying that, for example, you can't play a single Flesh Ripper and wound two Berserkers to draw two cards.

With dragon Kraxonis, after defending his attack and before drawing the corresponding event card you should draw up to 5 cards right? the rulebook states it`s at the end of the event phase but I was just wondering if this was reinterpreted?

Nope. Dragonlord Kraxonis is tough because you have to defend against his attack and whatever the next event is without drawing back up to 5 in between. So in a 2-player game, if someone like Dragonlord Tzeitz is up, you better hope that both you and your ally have good cards for defense because one player isn't likely to be able to defend against both with a single hand.

Thanks for the reply!

Am I playing this right?

For example… I play 2 dark knights, 2 battle cry cards and 2 reanimates.

I count it like this:

2x Dark knight = 6 strength

2x Reanimate = 2 strength

2x Battle Cry = 4 units * 2x Battle Cry abilitiy = 8 strength

2x Dark Knight ability = 3 units (not including that dark knight) * 2x dark knight ability = 6 strength

SUM TOTAL: 22 strength

If this is true… I think Unded are OP…

Please quick answer… Unded is pwning us :)

I don't get how that is OP. During the late game, each faction can consistently hit around 20, and most of them can hit around 30 pretty easily.

What makes the undead kind of OP is that you can play:

- 2 Necromancers, that each draw a Skeleton Archer to your hand

- a Barrow Wyrm, that draws another Barrow Wyrm, that draws a Dark Knight to your hand

- the 2 Skeleton Archers that you drew

- 3 Dark Knights (2 from your hand, 1 that you drew)

That allows you to destroy up to 2 units, while hitting at 51. Also, playing the Dark Knights last guarantees that there is almost no chance of them getting destroyed. And even if another unit is destroyed, you still hit quite hard.

...Well, this kind of hand does not really happen in a real game though. What easily happens is to play 2 Barrow Wyrms, 4 Necromancers and 4 Skeleton Archers, which means hitting at 28 with lots of destruction (this is deadly; the only way to fight against that is to attack the undead during your turn, and to destroy everything you can so that this cannot be used to attack your Home Realm).

Edited by EternalBeing