…Specific case of Power Card use in Battles…

By Agamemnon666, in Relic

Hi there,

I`ve got a question in scope of the use of Power Cards with the timing "Play at the start of a Willpower/Cunning battle." The abilitiy text says "Your Willpower/Cunning value is doubled until the end of the battle."

Until here everything is nearly clear for me…

But I would like to know, if these Power Cards mean, that I play the card at the start of the battle (in fact at Battlestep 1. oder before Battlestep 1.)? Because the "Timing Language" on page 19 in the rulebook says that the keyword START:

"Players must resolve abilities that use the word "start" before all other rules in the turn, phase or step to which "start" is referring."

In this line I still could play another Power Card instead of rolling the dice for a battle or rolling the dice at Battlestep 4. Or is this way of using those Power Cards named above not possible?

It would be very nice, if someone could give me a hint in this case…thx a lot…

Agamemnon666

Yes, you have to use a doubler Power card at the start, but for Power cards you want to use their number for a roll instead of their text, you use those in step 4. No actual timing is mentioned, whether it happens before step 1 or during step 1, but can't think of enemies where it would make a difference whether you use it pre-step 1 or during step 1 (maybe Kairos Fateweaver ending, so use them pre-step 1).

Ah, that is miy opinion too. But would agree with me, that I can in this case still play another Power Card, for example in Batllestep 4 instead of rolling the dice?

Our discussion here at home is about that topic and my point of view is that I can play another Power Card instead of rolling the dice because I play the addressed Power Card at the star of the Battle?

There is no limit on Power cards per turn, if you have 5 in hand, could use 1 for ability, 1 to substitute your movement roll and 3 in three separate battles instead of rolling the die. Limit is one per roll.